PDA

View Full Version : Best place to attach Hoist Chains

Doublegulp
06-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Ok stupid question, I am about to pull my 351w out of the 86 Sunsport and was wondering where the best place to put the hoist chains would be. There are two rings that I could use on the heads that look like that is what they are for, but will those be strong enough for the engine and the transmission? Thoughts

Wulphie
06-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Ok stupid question, I am about to pull my 351w out of the 86 Sunsport and was wondering where the best place to put the hoist chains would be. There are two rings that I could use on the heads that look like that is what they are for, but will those be strong enough for the engine and the transmission? Thoughts

I used them to pull the engine and trans out of my boat. Just be careful with the front one, depending on how you orient the chain you could put unnecessary force on the valve cover.

Jetlink
06-17-2015, 01:03 PM
If your welding skills are any decent, find some metal stock, weld up a plate to attach to the intake manifold with a big hook welded to the plate, pull from there. The engine and trans are really balanced well and easy to handle.