PDA

View Full Version : Steering seems to be sticking

MovinFr8
06-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Yesterday we finally got a chance to get out and get a few pulls in and all of a sudden the steering started to almost lock up when going at low speeds. When my wife was driving she said that it was getting hard to steer when she would come back around after a fall.

After I was through and was driving what I noticed was during the run everything seemed fine even though there was no turning but when rider would fall we would come to a stop and when I went to turn back to the rider it was almost like there was a notch or something that I had to get past to turn the wheel. It did not prevent us from doing anything just almost like the powersteering from the car went out.

has this happened to anyone else?

1986Marauder
06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
What year is your boat? Did you check to see that nothing is binding your linkage inside the boat? Did you check to see that there is nothing wrapped around your rudder on the outside of the boat? If all seems fine give your rudder a shot of marine grease to see if it helps, if that doesn't help you may need a new cable.

MovinFr8
06-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry, 2004 22ssv GG......

I inspected the outside and nothing seemed out of place or nothing seemed obviously wrong.

I will check the inside, will the cable be visible or will I need to go looking for it?

1986Marauder
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Check right at the rudder inside make sure there is not a pop can or blower wire or anything that is binding the linkage. I would think that it being a 2004 that your cable should be fine, but you never know.

MovinFr8
06-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks!!! I will be up there tomorrow and will look and see.