PDA

View Full Version : Speed control

Ptownkid
06-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Pretty much sold on picking up ridesteady, but not positive on gauge size. I have a 1992 saltare with a non-modified dash, I need a 3.5" display right?

gogger
06-18-2015, 05:39 AM
I installed a RideSteady over the winter and absolutely love it. The install really wasn't bad and it works flawlessly. I talked with PP and the president of the company himself said that the 8.1 was difficult at best to control. Justin at Hydrophase said their system updated more often and made more adjustments per minute to hold the speed.

When I started the install I was having a difficult time mentally figuring out the throttle connection as the perfect pass was a push pull connection and the connection for the RideSteady was different. Was I understood how it worked it was simple to install. The system has a ton of adjustments you can make to customize the system for your level of riding and is easy to change. You can set up profiles for a large number of riders and customize each one differently.

After using it a few times I enjoy my boat much more. Driving is so much easier now. And people can drive for me while I wakeboard and not make me angry when they get distracted and don't keep an eye on the speed. Even with the ballast full and a bunch of people on the boat it still easily holds the boat at speed.

Once again can't say enough good things about the system and how much more I have enjoyed my boat this season.

I installed the 3.5 in my supra and would imagine you need the same size.

Cusefan78
06-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Mine is also the 3.5". I have had it installed for almost a year now. My relationship with my drivers has never been better. Justin is great. I called him on a Sunday while I was installing my system and he answered every question I had. Directions are great and it's a very easy system to use.

cjtpilot
06-18-2015, 09:13 AM
How is this system with slalom skiing, anyone use it in a course?

gogger
06-18-2015, 09:44 AM
How is this system with slalom skiing, anyone use it in a course?

I am sure it will be great for what ever you use it for. It holds true even in sharp turns.

foxriverat
06-18-2015, 09:53 AM
It is more geared toward wakeboarding and recreational skiing. Not skiing in a course. Heres a thread from a few months ago https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?17207-Hydrophase-RideSteady-GPS-Install-on-89-Supra-Sunsport

Cusefan78
06-18-2015, 12:53 PM
There's no timing feature so it won't work on a course. If you're just running the course and don't care about timing then ride steady is great. It holds the speed within a few tenths of a mph even on turns. The only thing you have to watch for is making sure your driver doesn't slam the throttle all the way down because the servo can only adjust so much. 10 mph over no problem twenty and it won't back off enough to get you to your target speed. Found this out last year when my driver yanked around the lake going 42 mph. I'm pretty sure pp can only adjust so much also.

Ptownkid
06-19-2015, 05:58 AM
I'm going to assume I need the longer control cable?

Cusefan78
06-19-2015, 07:16 AM
I don't believe I ordered the longer cable. If you want to play around with it before you over in going to be up at my cottage all weekend

Ptownkid
06-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the offer, and maybe I'll take you up on that one weekend...but I am pretty much sold on it. Ordering today most likely.

Cusefan78
06-19-2015, 12:36 PM
I have all my install pics should be pretty much the same. Let me know if you want them.