PDA

View Full Version : Looking for guidance on a wakesurfer

JsHwrdul
06-18-2015, 11:09 PM
I have been attempting to wakesurf using my zap pro skimboard and it's not working so well... I think not having having fins is a big part of it but I'm a newbie.

I am thinking about getting the Ronix Lunch Tray because it seems to be a great value but I'm thinking maybe there is a reason for that? What would be a good beginner board that would also allow me to progress?

Any input is much appreciated.

torch
06-19-2015, 11:53 AM
My first was the CWB ride. It was a good price and included rope if I recall. This has been a great board for me and family and friends to learn on. Not sure what the more seasoned riders will say but I have no complaints with this one

Wrenhaven
07-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Anyone out there ride a Hyperlite Broadcast? 5'3"? I've only tried wake surfing once on a friends boat and it was only for 5 min or so holding the rope. Is the Broadcast to "advanced" for a beginner? Should I get something like a CWB ride to learn on? I have good side balance, i.e. surf'd, skate, wakeboard etc if that matters.

TIA!

flipz96
07-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Having the right board for you is definitely important, but even more important is... are you creating a wave that is surfable? ballast, weight distribution, speed, etc.

wotan2525
07-17-2015, 09:38 AM
It's a little bit smaller than I'd recommend for a beginner board. You will outgrow your first board quickly but it's nice to have something in the quiver for the future newbies that you're going to introduce to the sport. I really, really like the Phase 5 Oogle for a beginner board. You can still have fun with it when you get more advanced but it's an easy board to get started on.

Wrenhaven
07-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Having the right board for you is definitely important, but even more important is... are you creating a wave that is surfable? ballast, weight distribution, speed, etc.

Guess I'll figure that out once I get a board!

Wrenhaven
07-19-2015, 09:40 AM
It's a little bit smaller than I'd recommend for a beginner board. You will outgrow your first board quickly but it's nice to have something in the quiver for the future newbies that you're going to introduce to the sport. I really, really like the Phase 5 Oogle for a beginner board. You can still have fun with it when you get more advanced but it's an easy board to get started on.

Gotcha!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Wrenhaven
08-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Well I ended up buying a Ronix Koal Thruster 4'7" should be here by the weekend!!

Seemed like a good "overall" board for newbies and intermediate types, guess we'll see.