PDA

View Full Version : Labrisa dog house rebuild

Cusefan78
06-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Spent the past two days cutting and building a new dog house. After tearing the rug off the old one i decided to construct it the same way supra did in 1995 only this time out of pressure treat plywood. When the glue and bondo dry I'm going to resin the entire base.

To start the top two layers of the front were totally rotted. Removed those two layers and cut a template from what I salvaged. After that I cut two pieces of 3/4 plywood to shape on my band saw. Glued and stapled both the layers to the original front. I then made two new side pieces out of 3/4 plywood and then a rail for the doghouse to sit on. Glued and stapled those together then to the front section of the dog house. Lastly I had to recreate the entire back. Luckily I was able to remove 3/4 of the back section to make a template. The lower 5 pieces are all the same. The next three layers are wider to support the doghouse then a top trim pieces was made to seat the cover. Each layer was glued together and stapled just like the oem base was constructed. Finally I had to fabricate two corner pieces for the back that holds the sides and back square and tight.
To finish it I ran the pieces through my jointer to smooth of the imperfections in the layers. Then I covered the high and low spots and corners with bondo which I will block sand smooth when dry. Tomorrow I plan on applying a few coats of resin to protect the base from the elements. 1595115952

Blakelpd5
06-25-2015, 10:48 PM
That looks amazing.... Very nice build. I have to do mine next week. The rear was a piece of 2x6, so I kinda have to start from scratch on that....

How much you wanna sell that bad boy for?? haha

Cusefan78
06-26-2015, 06:14 AM
No way. That wasn't much fun to build. I just finished it last night. I can send you the four templates you need for making the front and back. The sides are just plywood with a board glued and stapled to it