PDA

View Full Version : Blowers

GOGO
02-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey there. I have a silly question. At the end of last years ski season my second blower quite working. Unfortunently its not the easily accessable one by the engine. I can hear it trying to work near the back port side( sounds like its between the double wall hull). My Boat is a 87 sunsport, does anyone know how to get access to this blower.

SupraNut
02-09-2003, 08:23 PM
GOGO - If your boat has a rear sundeck with ski storage beneath it, lift the sundeck and remove the screws holding down the ski locker. Then just lift it out for access to the fuel tank and the blowers. Good luck!

GOGO
02-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the information. That is one of the last places I would have thought about gaining access through.
Thanks again:

dba4life
03-05-2003, 04:42 PM
I have the same problem in my 90 Supra Comp. Same deal - I already took out the rear seat and sundeck locker cover. No screws though. The rear blower was right up against the fuel tank. I am going to replace this spring.

Kevin

Salty87
03-05-2003, 05:08 PM
you guys have 2 blowers?...where's the first one? i have one in the back under a seat cushion, never thought about moving it.....

GOGO
03-11-2003, 12:52 PM
There should be one positioned in the engine compartment. Each blower vents at the stern and will have a seperate breaker.
GOGO

cryonchick
07-02-2003, 12:30 AM
I have a 88 Supra Bravura, the 2 blowers are located directly underneath the rear pltform storage, side by side.

Jake
09-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, I have an 88 comp with two blowers. Blower 1 is located under the ski locker on the port side and blower 2 is located in the engine compartment. When I turn on blower 2 it runs and I can feel the suction on the suction side of the pump, but I do not feel any air coming out of the vents in the back. When blower 1 is on, I get air out the back vents. Does anyone know if I shoulc be getting air out the back with blower 2 or does it just take the air to blower 1?

What is the best way to access the blower tubing under the ski locker?

Thanks