PDA

View Full Version : Tower is loose, need to tighten. But how?

Broke Pilot
07-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, long time lurker, first post. Lots of great info here over the years.
Yesterday we were out, as was most of Texas it seemed like, on lake Conroe and it was rough. My tower was moving around more than I've seen in a long time. I've been putting off replacing the pads under the feet but I noticed it seems like some of the screws are coming loose on the rear mounts.
So... How do I access those from the bottom? I'm assuming there is a nut underneath? And while I'm in I'm gonna tighten all 4 mounting points before it starts cracking the 'glass.
Any tips and tricks to getting to all the mounts?

One more quick one. I accidentally sliced the vinyl on back rest of the seat just above the triple up seat. How do I remove it from the side wall?
Thanks for the help over the years!

docdrs
07-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Remove seats , long arm w socket wrench some one else tighten the screw while you hold the nut , can also do it thru a speaker hole

Broke Pilot
07-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Remove seats , long arm w socket wrench some one else tighten the screw while you hold the nut , can also do it thru a speaker hole

Perfect. Thank ya

flipz96
07-05-2015, 09:20 PM
What year and model do you have? Do you have any pictures of the mounts?

Broke Pilot
07-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Hmmm, my signature isnt showing up.
It's an 06 24SSV GG.

Zim
07-05-2015, 11:41 PM
On the starboard side I was able to go through my speaker holes for the rear pad. Couldn't get to all the nuts on the port side rear pad. On the front ones, my pads hadn't started coming out yet so I put an impact drill to the screws and tightened them up real good that way. Your arms will be scraped up, that's for sure. The 24 might give you more room to work with. It's a pain though.

Broke Pilot
07-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Ok, well I'm headed out to pull the speakers and see what I can reach.
Anyone know how to remove the seat panel off the side wall? Still can't figure that one out.

Broke Pilot
07-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Ok, I finally got around to tightening the tower. Here's some tips for anyone needing to do the same down the road. The rear, front set of speakers (middle depending on how you wanna look at it) pull them and you can just barely reach through with an 11mm wrench to Hold the nuts. Then have someone tighten the screws from the outside.
The fronts are way easy, pull the cup holders right beside the mounts and reach in with the 11mm wrench and you're good to go.