PDA

View Full Version : out standing

stanton21
06-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Well the little project boat was not to bad.Sanding the gel coat and putting on this stuff called poli glow for the wet look was the hardest..
Took her for a ride and man is it fast, 23 foot surpra with a 454 is a gas drinking rip your arms off pants puller had a blast boat..
So after a while i looked around and when i opened the round hach in the floor were the bilge pump is...Holy S^&*T there is a ton of water in the boat..so after further inspection the skie pole in the middle of the boat ,the bolts were lose and water was getting in the boat through the fin bolts...
So i took her home and 3 beers later becuse its hot,i had the floor open the the pole bracket out and the fin pulled....Low a behold some dipshit installed a fiberglass peice of wood were the plate sits on in the wrong side in the bottom of the boat.. ski pole mounts to the floor foward and missed the hole thing buy 4 inches..This is a factory defect and they used calk to beef it up..Well after years of pulling and no suport that were the water had been getting in for years....
I grinded the old rotted wood out and made a new one foberglassed it in made everything even and made a gasket out of a old pair of hipwaders..Used siclone and gluded that sucker to the floor and the fin on too and used a inpact gun on the bolts and tighen everytheing down..Put the floor back and stapled the carpet back in becuse this winter it gets the carpet job and new floor for next summer....

Now woundering if it worked or not?????????cant get out till the 22nd
Little advice.....That pole should pull out so people if you can get it out,Lube it up with some anti seze so some day you can get it out if you have to...
Mine is welded in from rust from years of water....

Have a nice day

SupraTom
06-17-2007, 12:40 AM
That pole is a pain in the ass to remove. I tried to pull mine this winter to re-enfore the floor around it with fiberglass. Never got it out -yet. I will wait until I need to replace the floor and take care of it then.

Hope your fix works out for you!

Tom

mattyw42
06-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Your typing reflects more than 3 beers.

Good advice on the fix.

Matty