PDA

View Full Version : Warning Decals

dndsam
06-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone received a new set of Warning Decals for their older Supra's? I have a 1999 Legacy and received mine yesterday. After seeing the new decals, it appears there has been a driver for this bus of change. Does anyone know the story behind this motion to update the safety information provided to us older Supra Owners. Good information on these new decals, but using all of them would make my boat look like a Gravity Games edition with the 2 pages of decals supplied.

H2Oman
06-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I have also received them. Not sure why? The only one that stood out as new (my boat had most of them when I took delivery) was the swim platform dragging.

Ed Obermeier
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Mine came today. I'm curious as to the reason they've been sent. In response to a lawsuit I suppose?

Ed

KarolinaKid
06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I got mine a few days ago too, but do not plan to add any of them to the boat. Don't really want my boat looking like the front fender of a NASCAR Stock Car.

I feel sure it's a lawsuit liability thing. A couple years ago at the lake I ski, a teenage girl was lost off the swim platform while "teak surfing". There were about 3 or 4 kids hanging on the the swim platform while the driver was cruising about 15 to 20 mph. The girl had her jacket on, but it was not buckled. When she passed out due to Co2 poisoning she slipped out of here jacket and sunk like a rock. I heard she did not drown, but died before she had time to inhale any water due to the toxic fumes.

I think most, if not all the incidents on the warning labels can likely be avoided by a competent boat driver (or person in charge).