PDA

View Full Version : Speedo and Wakeplate Gauge

cmayes
07-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Hello -

New to me 2002 Launch, great boat. Just tuning up a few things...

Speedo Issue
The boat came with Perfect Pass from the factory. The analog speedo is on the left and doesn't work quite right. It tends to bounce a fair bit, and in general doesn't read correctly. The previous owner told me that the Perfect Pass uses some of the electrical leads from the analog speedo and that's why it doesn't work properly. The speedo on the Perfect Pass seems accurate, but I'd like the analog unit to work as well. Tips?/Thoughts?

Trim/Wakeplate Gauge
The boat is also equipped with the factor wakeplate. The plate works great, but I don't get any movement/feedback from the gauge that's just above the throttle. I plan to dig into things and check connections etc, but any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks!

pridekit
07-21-2015, 04:41 PM
I had a few gauges that didn't work on my 06 Launch. Took the dash out and found a wire or two on each of the non functioning gauges were broken from the crimps.

Start there, make sure all of your wires have solid connections.

Cusefan78
07-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah a bouncing gauge usually means a bad connection

BOWZ
07-21-2015, 10:44 PM
my 03 has a small knob tucked under the dash on the forward part of the plastic panel the throttle is attached to. I believe its a rheostat, but it fine tunes the speed o. The bouncing though very well could be a loose connection. If the knob doesn't take care of it take a look next to your v-drive there is your paddle wheel, make sure the arrow is pointed forward. just my .02

Bowz

BOWZ
07-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Click HERE (http://www.supraboats.com/sites/default/files/downloads/manuals/supraowners_2002.pdf) for the manual, page 25 has the speed callibration. Looks like in 02 it was under the speedo. 03 it changed I guess

Bowz