PDA

View Full Version : Supra Saltare Cleanup

1000springsskier
07-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Good morning all. I am working on a 1988 Supra Saltare. Pretty good shape overall but in need of lots of small things to bring it up to what it should be.

I am looking for replacement glass (plastic?) for the dual speedo guages. Mine have lots of cracks/lines in them. Has anyone here done that to their boat? Where did you find the lenses?

Thanks for your replies!

SquamInboards
07-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Welcome! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun in that boat.

I did a pretty exhaustive search for replacement lenses like you're talking about, a few years back. Basically, you need to find used gauges with better lenses. A marina with older ski boats around, or someone parting out an older ski boat, that's your best bet. These things go for good money on eBay and the like. But they can be found sometimes if you keep looking. There's no reasonable replacement (new) that I've found, but I'd love to know if someone has found such a product.

cadunkle
07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
i believe these lenses are for our gauges, but not 100% so you may want to verify with them. http://www.classicboatwork.com/classicparts/gauges/airguide/agr/agr.html

1000springsskier
07-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Thank you both for your input. cadunkle, those do look pretty darn close! I'll see if I can get one of the guages out of the dash and find a model number on it. Yeah boats!