PDA

View Full Version : One of the best Sunsports in the USA - For Sale or Trade

ckracing
07-29-2015, 05:37 PM
The V-drive talk in my house won't go away... So, here we are again with an updated (lowered) price.

1986 Supra Sunsport Skier - For Sale

Extensive cap-off restoration in partnership with Antique Boat Center - Cincinnati, OH (documented with 100's of pictures)
Most everything from the carpet / floor down is new - stringers (performed by Donny @ Bennett's Boat Works)
Engine has approximately 600 hours and last compression test was even and strong across
Oil changed annually
Impeller replaced annually
Belts replaced annually
Transmission rebuilt 2013 and serviced annually
Dripless shaft
New Holley 4160 carb
New Acme 541 prop
New interior winter 2014
Almost all wood structure in boat rebuilt, re-engineered and coated with CPES
All new gauges with GPS speedometer (pitot(s) still there, just disconnected)
New Forever Sharp steering wheel with Gray wrap and alternate Teak wrap (depending on your style and preference)
Clarion M502 (Bluetooth, Pandora, Sirius XM) head unit with remote (dash installed) and waterproof wireless remote
Full JL Audio speakers (2 pairs of 7.7 components and one 10" IBS sub mounted under observers seat) and amplification (M6600 6 Channel amp bridged 5 channel) with remote sub control
Blue Sea dual battery switch stealth installed under observers seat - currently running 1 Optima Blue Top Dual purpose
All teak repurposed, repositioned, reapplied (small trim pieces sealed, swim platform sanded properly and treated with Linseed Oil 75% / Mineral Spirits 25% mix)
Hull wet sanded where necessary, polished and waxed
Original 'Sunsport Skier' logos still present on top cap by side windows

Any opportunity to improve this boat from a performance, function perspective has been performed while being considerate of not losing the heritage and timeless style. Everywhere I go it draws more attention than newer towboats.

Trailer is not original, but very solid. Tows great and loads, unloads with ease. Wouldn't hesitate taking it 500 miles tomorrow.

My family really wants a v-drive. So, if someone has a 20' (private lake rule) v-drive project I may be interested.

$XX,XXX - PM me on site or e-mail [email protected]
Call or text - 513-604-9022
Boat is located in Greater Cincinnati.
Can potentially travel to meet if you're the right buyer.

frey1esm
08-23-2015, 09:59 AM
I am curious about how/why you used two different shops. Was Antique Boat Center not able to do stringers? I'm in Cincy with a 1990 Conbrio that needs floor/stringers and am looking at options.

ckracing
08-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Antique Boat Center can / could have done the stringers. Based on time, existing other restoration work in place - ABC actually recommended having Donny @ Bennett's do the work. It worked out great for all.

michael hunter
09-20-2015, 09:16 AM
I had the same problem in 2008 . Wanted to surf but didn't want to ruin my 89 sunsport tiring to make it surf. I ended up keeping my 89 and buying a new V drive surf boat.
You will never find another boat like the one you are selling . The 10-13k you will get for it will not make that much difference towards the new boat and you will regret selling it forever. If I had to have one boat gone it would be the 08. It is easily replaced

michael hunter
09-20-2015, 09:17 AM
I had the same problem in 2008 . Wanted to surf but didn't want to ruin my 89 sunsport tiring to make it surf. I ended up keeping my 89 and buying a new V drive surf boat.
You will never find another boat like the one you are selling . The 10-13k you will get for it will not make that much difference towards the new boat and you will regret selling it forever. If I had to have one boat gone it would be the 08. It is easily replaced