PDA

View Full Version : Bimini top repair

Yuri
08-06-2015, 10:26 AM
What glue do yall recomment for repairing one of the sleeves that hold the rail in place under my bimini top? I have the top that snaps to the windshield and the middle support rail bounced loose last night on a rogue wave (it may have been a touch dark) and almost knocked me out. Lol

wotan2525
08-06-2015, 11:31 AM
What glue do yall recomment for repairing one of the sleeves that hold the rail in place under my bimini top? I have the top that snaps to the windshield and the middle support rail bounced loose last night on a rogue wave (it may have been a touch dark) and almost knocked me out. Lol

Glue won't last. Take it to a canvas shop and have it repaired correctly. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Yuri
08-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Until last night i thought it was stitched together, nah. The front and back are stitched together, but the middle is just glued. Kinda odd

CJD
08-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Wife doesn't have a machine? I just try not to let mine know when I'm working on my heavy materials!

Yuri
08-07-2015, 01:39 AM
I do good to get her to iron anything. lol. No, but her mother has 3 machines and I prob could call in a favor seeing as Im the one who has gotten 2 of them running again and keep the maintenance on them. Never even came to mind. Good thinkin CJD

michael hunter
08-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Come visit lake lanier my wife has a commercial sewing shop in the basement.