PDA

View Full Version : How to clean wake/ski tower

onebadgt
08-07-2015, 05:20 PM
I have a 2004 launch 22ssv with metal ski tower. Over time this tower has become oxidized and looking a little dull. Does anyone know a good method to cleaning these towers. I tried never dull and it didn't work to well just rubbing by hand.

Thanks!

barryd
08-07-2015, 10:52 PM
I have a 2004 launch 22ssv with metal ski tower. Over time this tower has become oxidized and looking a little dull. Does anyone know a good method to cleaning these towers. I tried never dull and it didn't work to well just rubbing by hand.

Thanks!

I've got the same boat but mine is an 03.my tower is has oxidized also i think the stainless is coated so I'm not sure what would would. I've tried wenol, mothers wadding compound etc with no real luck.

CJD
08-08-2015, 08:38 AM
If its stainless or un-anodized aluminum...use sand paper. The strokes must go in the same direction to match the factory brushed look. 100-120 grit is about right.

If its anodized...I know of nothing that will fix it, other than re-anodizing, which is really prohibitive for several reasons.

If its polished, then you still have to sand, but with much finer paper...like 600+ grit. It must then be buffed shiny using compound.

To prevent oxidizing in the future, put a coat of wax on it every season.