PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Supra Sunsport

melynch10
08-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Hello, I have a 1989 Supra Sunsport. I have owned it for 5 years and its now time to give it the TLC it needs. Ill need to replace the dashboard/fuses on the boat. Do they sell replacement dashboards for boats this old? If not what are my options if I need to update this?

thanks

cadunkle
08-11-2015, 08:56 PM
SkiDIM has the breakers. I've had to replace two on mine as they were popping early. Not sure what else you mean so far as replacing the dash? You'd have to cut out your own panels and drill for gauges. If you need new gauges just buy whatever you like and install. Several here have made new panels and done either factory style or swapped gauge positions, changed to rocker or other type switches, etc. These are fairly simple boats so far as mechanicals and wiring so easy to do what you want.

Don't be intimidated my the mass of wires under the dash, wiring is pretty straightforward when you take the time to follow it. Low voltage at the dash is common. I just ordered a dual bus bar which I will run new 4 gauge power and ground to power everything under the dash and clean up/condense wiring.

mlaosa
08-14-2015, 08:21 AM
I found the complete dash for sale on Ebay from Skiers Choice. It is new and it comes with new gauges. Just type in supra boat on search bar-- in the "all ebay" section. It is not listed under the boat section. It is around $595 if it helps.

cadunkle
08-14-2015, 09:27 AM
www.ebay.com/itm/SKIERS-CHOICE-SUPRA-MOOMBA-INBOARD-BOAT-GAUGE-SWITCH-DASH-BOARD-PANEL-/191386903638

Seems a bit pricey but does include wiring harness. Heard some negative reviews of GreatLakesSkipper so far as customer service.

Cusefan78
08-14-2015, 10:47 AM
I have bought a few things from them. They aren't bad. Called them up asked them some questions and received the parts when they said and as described.

foxriverat
08-14-2015, 03:02 PM
If you need marked panels where the gauges mount. A decent trophy shop can make them if you dont want to make your own. Here is a thread on the ones I had made. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?17273-New-Dash-switch-panels&highlight=dash+panels