PDA

View Full Version : Taking on Water

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-12-2015, 01:36 AM
I'm taking on alot water on the passenger side, on the outer stringer side next to the exhaust tube. Any thoughts?

leetudor
08-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Seal around exhaust flitting to the hull?

Cusefan78
08-12-2015, 06:26 AM
That or under the rub rail

Salty87
08-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Seal around exhaust flitting to the hull?

^ This or there's also a joint where the transom mounted plate meets the exhaust tube. It's a couple inches up the pipe from the transom.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
08-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Just resealed the exhaust threw the hull, and replaced the Super Traps. Also resealed the wake plate. Rub rail is all solid. So probly need to pull the floor up to look at that Transom bracket?

chris young
08-12-2015, 04:19 PM
I can't help on this, but I am curious. You guys are saying the rub rail can be a source? I think my transom is pretty tight overall, and my stuffing box drips what it should, yet every so often I notice the bilge pump running after I drop when I'm skiing. Can a leaky rub rail really let in that much water?

Cusefan78
08-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Chris the rub rail will allow water in if the silicone is bad. When I first got my supra I kept feeling little drops of water hit my leg when I was driving. Removed all the silicone resealed it. My Bilge has run a lot less since I have done that. Another palace to look for water is the silencers. Mine had a hole in it. Had to reglass it.

chris young
08-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Silencers? I think they may have misnamed that particular part of the exhaust. As for the rub rail, I assumed the extra water coming in was likely coming in over the bow, it's not a lot, but it is something to address when I get the chance.

Jetlink
08-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Silencers? I think they may have misnamed that particular part of the exhaust. As for the rub rail, I assumed the extra water coming in was likely coming in over the bow, it's not a lot, but it is something to address when I get the chance.

Your exhaust once it runs below the floor is just a metal tube all the way to the back where the Super Trapps are and it is supposed to be the Trapps that are the muffler I guess.

chris young
08-14-2015, 09:28 AM
Supertrapps? I don't need no stinking Supertrapps! Mine is just holes out the back, I don't really see the point of flappers, and I heard the supertrapps are more trouble than they're worth. I'm planning on a DIY FAE one of these days.

Cusefan78
08-14-2015, 10:53 AM
I thought about an fae system but I really like the sound of the engine. Sounds manly. Like I'm driving an old school muscle car with flowmasters. If I surfed I would probably rethink that but for now the engine groan is my trade mark on my lake. No rice burner sound for this guy.

covertcombatant
08-15-2015, 09:08 PM
I had my heater core leak and it would fill up under the drivers floor board and then run to the back by the exhaust tube. Your could be going the other way and down the passenger side. Check the carpet up front if you do have a heater core and bypass it just as a test.