PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Launch 21v - Intake manifold bad - need help please

Brad2003
08-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Hello,
I have a 2005 Launch 21v with an Indmar 5.7L Assault fuel injected power plant serial #111396. Our intake manifold is badly corroded and we are in need of a new or used one. Problem is, Indmar does not support this part anymore original part#531357. I have called Indmar, several dealers across the country and even Edelbrock to try to one manufactured. All could not help. As we have all been here before, the boat is dry docked going on 7 weeks now and I am looking for suggestions on how to best repair it to get it back in the water ASAP. I am not very mechanically inclined, so I prefer not to convert it to a carbureted motor. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Brad

docdrs
08-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Have any pics, are you in salt water , are there holes in it. Just asking

Brad2003
08-21-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks for your reply. I am working on pics from the marina who is working on it. I was told they are concerned about trying to fix it because the pitting is bad and they are concerned about the pieces they can't see. We bought it in 2011, and were told it was not in salt water, but it had to be. It has not been in Saltwater since we bought it.

docdrs
08-21-2015, 12:16 PM
So is the engine not working properly?

pridekit
08-21-2015, 04:39 PM
I just did a quick google of the part number, take a look at this:
http://charlotteskiboats.com/shop/manifold-intake-350-pfi/

Brad2003
08-22-2015, 09:39 AM
I just did a quick google of the part number, take a look at this:
http://charlotteskiboats.com/shop/manifold-intake-350-pfi/

Thanks for checking. I did the same already and called this place. Most of these dealers seem to post that they have the part online to fish people to their site/shop, then when you call, they don't have it.

To the previous message, no the engine is not running because I need an intake manifold, other wise it would be running fine.

Brad2003
08-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Great question. The engine can't run without an intake manifold.

Brad2003
08-22-2015, 09:42 AM
thanks for your help. I did the same thing and actually call that place. These shops will advertise online that they have the part, but in reality they don't.

CJD
08-23-2015, 09:37 AM
The Indmar is just a small block Chevy, that started production in 1955. It's hard to believe there are no replacements out there. I assume the difficult part is the throttle body mount? Have you looked through the Summit Racing catalog? They seem to carry anything you need for a small block. Likely a 4 barrel manifold with an adapter plate for the throttle body would work. I will look at my '05 closely, to see if it already has the adapter...

pridekit
08-24-2015, 10:37 AM
thanks for your help. I did the same thing and actually call that place. These shops will advertise online that they have the part, but in reality they don't.

Good to know, thanks for the info :)

The Indmar is just a small block Chevy, that started production in 1955. It's hard to believe there are no replacements out there. I assume the difficult part is the throttle body mount? Have you looked through the Summit Racing catalog? They seem to carry anything you need for a small block. Likely a 4 barrel manifold with an adapter plate for the throttle body would work. I will look at my '05 closely, to see if it already has the adapter...

I thought the Indmars were the long block Chevy. Maybe there is a mercruiser equivalent?

Brad2003
08-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks CJD. They worked on it over the weekend and feel they have it worked out. Ended up using a manifold from a used motor and now are adapting the fuel system to fit our motor.
Fingers crossed we are on our way back to the water!