PDA

View Full Version : lost swim platform looking for options

Aaron187
08-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Somewhere in the lake is my swim platform. I have 22ssv 2005. What are my options/suggestions? Almost prefer getting a surf platform...calling the dealer this afternoon.

Zim
08-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Somewhere in the lake is my swim platform. I have 22ssv 2005. What are my options/suggestions? Almost prefer getting a surf platform...calling the dealer this afternoon.

New surf platforms with brackets will run you about 1000 bucks from SC.

A guy on here had his for sale from his 21V. Would probably fit, but the colors likely different.

MJHKnox
08-25-2015, 07:24 PM
I have a swim platform from a 2007 Supra 22' SSV. Shoot me an email if you want to talk or need pics.

Mark
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CornRickey
08-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Buy the brackets and make one out of 3/4 HDPE

MJHKnox
08-26-2015, 09:50 AM
I have a swim platform from a 2007 Supra 22' SSV. Shoot me an email if you want to talk or need pics.

Mark
[email protected]

Here is the link in the classified thread.
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?17320-For-Sale-Swim-Platform

It's w/o brackets.
If SC has brackets or your dealer orders them from SC, I live 20 mins from SC and drive by that location often.
I would be willing to pick them up and send you the platform and brackets in one shipping.
Not sure if that could be coordinated.

Mark

ChillinOj
08-26-2015, 01:57 PM
How do you just lose a platform? I just wanna make sure nothing happens to mine...

MJHKnox
08-26-2015, 06:38 PM
I assume the 2 pins either fell out or sheared off. Thus, the brackets separate and fall off.

One side could have gone bad, pin might have fallen out, then all the stress was put to the other side.

I never heard of the platform separating from the top-brackets.

There are some threads on platforms separating from the boat.

ChillinOj
08-28-2015, 10:19 AM
I assume the 2 pins either fell out or sheared off. Thus, the brackets separate and fall off.

One side could have gone bad, pin might have fallen out, then all the stress was put to the other side.

I never heard of the platform separating from the top-brackets.

There are some threads on platforms separating from the boat.

I figured it was something like that, but just wanted to check. Basically keep an eye on it watch for any signs of excessive wear then?

Zim
08-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Did you go look around the shoreline of your lake? Fiberglass platforms float...

Aaron187
08-28-2015, 02:50 PM
I too assume that one of the pins or couple pins came undone or sheared off. I think I am going to put some shrink tube around the pins to make sure that they stay in the locked position. That platform sure takes a beating.

I didn't think the platform would float, its heavy. It's now an excuse build a custom HDPE platform for surfing, I don't want to burn $1k+ for a new one.

Zim
08-28-2015, 02:54 PM
The platforms definitely do float. IMO a home-made plateform looks exactly like that... home-made. Looks junky and out of place personally, but to each their own.