PDA

View Full Version : Andy Mapple, a great loss

chris young
08-26-2015, 01:35 PM
For those of you who are unaware of the news, Andy Mapple passed away unexpectedly on Saturday the 22nd.

He was, by all accounts a great human being, and of course the greatest water skier ever.

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/13991/water-skiing-mourns-one-of-its-greatest-champions-andy-mapple-1962-2015/p1

RIP Andy

UKandH
08-27-2015, 03:37 AM
I saw the announcement on Sunday from Mike (his son) on FaceBook. His family have asked for no posts on his FB page.
I have met Andy on many occasions and had the pleasure of towing him in competitions. He was a great guy and ALWAYS happy, a true ambassador to our sport and will be sadly missed by us all.
I remember the KP Masters here in the UK where John Battleday, Andy and Mike Hazlewood were competing....what a world championship that was, Mike didnt do well enough in Slalom, but ruled the jump (as always), Andy and John were neck and neck on the course and all 3 were running great trick runs...the best competition i ever saw.

RIP Andy.

Blackntan90
08-27-2015, 05:37 AM
So sad. Wish I could have met him.

crystal waters
08-27-2015, 12:30 PM
Always admired his ability to ski but also his down to earth attitude and compassion for his fellow man.
A great loss to the skiing community for sure.
My sympathies to his family.