PDA

View Full Version : i just purchased a 1985 comp ts6m, i would like to ask the form a few questions

mjb
09-02-2015, 08:19 PM
ques # 1, what would happen if i removed the mufflers and ran the boat, does it affect the performance, any type of damage to engine. Ques # 2 i would like to up grade the coil and cap and wires on the engine, any recommendations, i need a air guide spedo, the glass is missing on mine, my trailer is a tamaden axle type i have been looking for pictures of theses boats on this set up. when i pull away from a stop /traffic light there is always a big jerk starting out, what is that, i am going to look at the drum breakes also, i don't think they work at all, is it better to upgrade to disc. should i have transom tie downs on my boat, i did not see any type of mounts for a tie down. thanks to everybody who responds, i would like to build a cradle to slid boat onto for trailer repar also. i will learn to send pictures, i am new to this form.

War wagon
09-18-2015, 02:03 PM
The clunk when you take off is likely from the surge break tongue. If I had to guess it probably doesn't have any break fluid in the master cylinder

wotan2525
09-18-2015, 05:21 PM
The clunk when you take off is likely from the surge break tongue. If I had to guess it probably doesn't have any break fluid in the master cylinder

Step one is to fill the system and bleed the brakes. Probably worth it to adjust the drums and service the bearings. Wheel cylinders would be the next step if they leak or are seized up.

michael hunter
09-21-2015, 06:19 AM
performancedistributors.com/ has a HEI electronic distributor that will drop in your engine. That is the way I would go. I dont know what you are talking about with whe mufflers . I'm pretty sure your comp dosn't have any its 3'' pipe all the way out. A picture would help a lot.