PDA

View Full Version : SA Swell Configuration

bradycanderson
09-13-2015, 06:39 PM
I have a 2013 Supra SA 450 Worlds. I replaced the stock ballast with the 750's in the rear, and put the stock ballast in the sides under the seats (they are daisy chained as overflow sacks to the 750's). Total ballast is 1500 in the rear, + 600 (sides) + 300 Front so 2400 total.

I just had the Supra Swell system installed after market from Wakemakers. I can not figure out a configuration that produces a surfable wave (at least a good one). I was expecting to be able to make a good barrel and skim wave but to no avail. I've tried it with all the ballast full, played with speed, etc.

My boat is setup almost identical to the 2014 SA's with the Swell system at this point. Does anyone have suggestions for how to produce the amazing waves I see with the swell on the SA on YouTube? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Brady

Swamplandkarl
09-14-2015, 05:33 PM
is it the swell system or the go surf system? if it is the go surf system I would contact them directly and talk to Ryan he is amazing and should be able to help you.........

bradycanderson
09-15-2015, 09:54 AM
is it the swell system or the go surf system? if it is the go surf system I would contact them directly and talk to Ryan he is amazing and should be able to help you.........

Here is the system that was installed - are you familiar with this one or have any recommendations for it?"

http://www.wakelandmfg.com/#!product/c66t

bradycanderson
09-15-2015, 04:00 PM
It is the swell system. I purchased it from Wakeland Manufacturing. They produce the Swell for Skiers Choice.

http://www.wakelandmfg.com/#!product/c66t

bradycanderson
09-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Is it best to start with the surf system off and then switch it on once the boat is planed out? I've seemed to have better luck with this versus starting with the surf plate down for the side I'm gonna surf - but I still haven't found the nice barrel wave. Any thoughts?

Note: This is the wakeland manufacturing surf system which is the same system as on the 2014 Supra's (the Swell).

CJD
09-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Brady, looking at the Wakeland site, it looks like your plates are actually double plates? If so, it appears you have the primary powered plate, and then the rear plate set by a manual linkage. I could see where the adjustment of the rear plate likely has a huge impact on the wave shape. Do you have pics of how you have the plates trimmed?