PDA

View Full Version : New here just purchased 86 supra sunsport skier 454

jbousman88
09-22-2015, 09:58 PM
just purchased my first supra sunsport. Have been looking for one for a long time and found a pretty good one. I am the second owner. boat has lived the lake life kept on a covered lift in the summer and stored in a temp controlled garage in winter. Motor has updated ignition system with new carb, belts and hoses. 850 hours. interior in great shape carpet is good and stringers seem to be good with no motor mount or trans bolts turning free and easy. floor has one tiny soft spot in back corner in front of bench seat. Barely gives. Only other spots are two that are the same size and are almost perfect circles kinda weird. from cap down on boat has been repainted and gelled. trailer in great shape as well. anyways i have seen a lot of nice boats and great advice on here. feel free to comment with thoughts below and i will work on pics as well

jtryon
09-23-2015, 09:22 AM
sounds like a nice find, how much did you score that for?

jbousman88
09-23-2015, 09:29 AM
6000. i didn't feel like it was too bad at all. How much should I be sweating the soft place in the floor? like i said motor mounts are fine even under the back seat feels pretty good.

jtryon
09-23-2015, 09:39 AM
i wouldn't sweat it since the motor mounts are tight. if you really wanted you could drill a couple holes in the stringers in different spots and check to see if the wood comes out dry or wet, then fill them back in with waterproof epoxy. i would just run it until you start seeing any symptoms, which could be 5-10 years for all you know!

jbousman88
09-23-2015, 10:17 AM
That is how I am feeling as well. Plus it stays in a garage when its not on the water so the only water getting into the boat will be from people getting in and out.