PDA

View Full Version : Underwater LED'S stopped working on 2011 21V

blackout_58
09-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, so out of nowhere my underwater led's stopped working. I tried tracing the wires and checking the connections, but I'm not having much luck. I removed the back panel on the port side where the pumps are and all of my wires were disconnected and reconnected with no luck. Has anyone else ran into this, and if so how did you resolve it?

pridekit
09-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Is there maybe a fuse/breaker tripped under the dash? I'm not familiar with the 2011, but I went crazy trying to fix my nav lights and it ended up being the circuit breaker was tripped.

MJHKnox
10-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Agree with the statement above. If both are not working, I would think circuit breaker or fuse is the issue. Not all Supra or Moomba boats had that factory option.
General wire/circuit should be the same for most boats. Not sure if you need a Multimeter, but they are handy.

You will need to follow the circuit.
Battery to the Breaker Box (not the issue here if other accessories are working)
Breaker Box to the Switch - the switches can be pulled out and tested. I think those breakers have a button on them to reset. Trace the switch to the breaker.
Switch to the Lights. Not common, but a switch can go bad. I had my cup-holders LED stop working b/c the wire got disconnected from the back of the switch.
In the section of wire from the switch, there may be a connection to the factory LED light-wires. I ran wire from the switch, then butt-connected to the factory wire on the LED.

I had one go out this summer, it was a bad LED. On my 2007, it was not a factory option.

I cut/disconnected that LED light at the butt-connector area listed above.
I tested the wire to make sure it was getting power from the switch to the end of that cut wire - @ the butt-connector area. It had power.
I tested the LED by connecting the factory LED wire straight to a battery. The light did not go on. Bad light.

M-

blackout_58
06-30-2016, 12:07 AM
So I started looking back into this and found out the underwater lights only had a 1 year warranty after talking to the guys at skiers choice. I'm thinking that now the newer boats have the extended warranty when compared to the 2011.

When I removed the light it had water in it. Anyone else seen this?