PDA

View Full Version : New Supra Owner and New Member

Brooke
10-27-2015, 12:49 PM
I just purchased a 2004 Launch SSV. I am happy with everything but the steering. It's extremely tight both ways and harder to turn left. I've read that I need a new steering cable. Any ideas and can I take care of this myself?

Thanks,

Brooke

michael hunter
10-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Sounds like the cable . If you are handy you can DYI . First disconnect at the rudder and see if it gets better it might be the rudder packing.

docdrs
10-29-2015, 06:03 PM
check out the moomba forum how to section there is probably a thread there

jarodag99
10-31-2015, 11:56 AM
I changed mine out last season on my 04 SSV...its an easy DIY. I would definitely recommend pulling up the two floor panels (you will see the gas tank and a run of wires including steering cable) to make it easier. I dont remember the part # but call skidim.com and they can tell you. You can find it cheaper though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

corizon
11-01-2015, 02:05 PM
I changed mine out last season on my 04 SSV...its an easy DIY. I would definitely recommend pulling up the two floor panels (you will see the gas tank and a run of wires including steering cable) to make it easier. I dont remember the part # but call skidim.com and they can tell you. You can find it cheaper though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I changed mine this past season. It took me longer to pull the floor and move panels in the back then to replace cable. It is an easy DIY. Change made a huge difference. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jzelt
11-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Pull the floor up (toughest part). There are 4 screws in the corners of each panel (2 panels). Tie string to end of old cable and pull from the steering column. Tie the rope to the new cable, push it hard thru the hole, then use the rope to pull it to the back.
I packed the support tube with grease before putting the rubber caps back on to try to prevent water getting in again.