PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Tank System

DaGov008
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem......

When I go to fill my ballast tanks, they do not fill independently.
For example I will be filling the back right tank and the front tank will start to fill up with it. When I go and fill up the front tank the other 2 tanks fill as well, but at a slower rate.

Seems that the front tank fills up at the same rate when I fill up any of the other 2 tanks, and the last time I took the boat out the front tank filled up on its own out of the blue!

I have followed the exact intructions for troubleshooting the Ballast system as well as making sure that the settings are correct.

Can someone give me some advise?

Thank you

DaGov008
07-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I forgot to tell you what kind of boat I have.

2007 Launch 20 SSV

gmarkham1
07-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds to me like your solenoids are either not working/stuck open, or your their switch is in the open position.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gordonatmidwestwakeboarder.com/MyPictures/photo#5085544340932289922[/url]

DaGov008
07-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Thank you for the response.

I have checked exactly what you have refrenced.
I think they are not working properly, becuase nothing I do in relation to the solenoid vavle settings has helped.

gmarkham1
07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Call your dealer and have them order up some solenoids and have them on hand for your next service... or if you are close enough to em take it into them... this should be a warranty issue no questions asked!

I am like you, I like to try to figure out what the problem is and try to solve it... one night my front ballast stopped working... the bag was full and I couldnt empty... I ended up dumping it manually... the next day I went out to see what the problem might be... Just before I dismounted and disconnected the front empty pump, I decided to flip the switch one more time and realized the fill pump wasnt running either.. so I decided to check the fuses and low and behold one of the wires had come off at the fuse block! Keep it simple right...

DaGov008
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
My boat is in the shop right now. I told them to get the soleniods checked and hopefully replaced.

Its funnny, sometimes I can diagnos the problem better than the mechanics can at my dealership. That is a little frustrasting especially since this is the second time my boat has been in the shop since I bought it new 1 1/2 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

propwash03
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
If you are filling the tanks at a standstill, you most likely have a wiring problem. I thought one of my ballast switches was bad, but one of the wires to my left rear tank got a short, and it caused the tanks to do really weird things. I ended up taking a voltmeter to all of my ballast wires to make sure they were all good, sure enough one of them was bad, I fixed the wire and the problem at the same time. Also, before I fixed it, the lights on some of the Gravity III ballast switches were doing funny things. It also popped my fuses, so I replaced all the fuses with 5 amp fuses. Never had a problem with it again.