PDA

View Full Version : Restored my Supra Mariah

JacquesN
11-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Hi there from SA.Been a few hectic months to restore this 1989 Supra Mariah .It was found at a holiday resort standing for years and glad it could be saved.This boat was used in the 89 till 95 to pull tube's around the resorts dam. Now it is great old school family boat. This boat has done a true 119 hours but the hull was hammered by our South African sun and of course the interior was shot and faded.

So I bought it, had the hull polished and buffed up, replaced the interior and carpets. It still boasts all the standard guages and steering wheel.

Installed a new holley 4 barrel carb , installed a electronic ignition ,new stereo, new battery, a proper service and refurbished the trailer. Only trouble was that I lost the port side vent window when I was moving the boat around from interior place to workshop and cannot find one. This is one of two in South Africa. We do have quite a bit of bravura's and conbrio's going around.

She is special cause she has a 454 installed which I think was rare.

foxriverat
11-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Good job. The boat looks great. Enjoy it. I ski every once in a while with very nice guy transplanted here in Illinois from SA. That's when we can pull him away from wind surfing.

Sdc77
11-10-2015, 05:15 AM
Super clean !

JacquesN
11-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks for compliments.Ah I guess windsurfing has it's place but think v8 power is better.Stephane I kept track of your progress on your saltare ,good of you to keep your saltare wish we had them here.

Sdc77
11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Hey Buddy, glad to have maybe the only Saltare around in France ! This thing is definitely awesome, and gives us tons of pleasure on water.
Enjoy your Mariah.

BTW where are you located ?

flipz96
11-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Awesome man! Good to see another Mariah out there. Congrats!

JacquesN
11-13-2015, 05:42 AM
Thanks guys Stéphane I'm based in South Africa.