PDA

View Full Version : Mark your calendars!

Jetlink
11-18-2015, 01:20 AM
The Southern Supra Reunion has dates tentatively planned for next year. The fifth annual reunion (has it really been that many already) is set for the weekend of July 8th-10th. The main day of fun and gathering is the 9th however as has been the case every year since the first year boats will start showing up Friday and leaving Sunday depending on drives. The location is the same as every year before, Harrison Bay State Park for the launch and meet up. More details will follow in a dedicated thread. Feel free to ask questions here or offer suggestions. Hopefully we can get some pictures from previous events up here for those that are not familiar with this event. It is a blast and we have people come from all over, some driving in upwards of 8-12 hours one way. We also have had people fly in and catch a ride on one of the boats. We have room and will do our best to help anyone who wants to attend.

Stay tuned for more info,

Rob, Daniel and Ben

gogger
11-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Well Janet and I will probably be there!

Jetlink
11-19-2015, 12:39 AM
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you both again.

gogger
02-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Our plan is to be at the reunion the 8th, 9th, and 10th and then we plan on spending the rest of the week on another lake down that way. Probably at Daniels "little slice of heaven" lake Nottely. So if anyone else wants to make a real vacation out of it. We will be heading that way, let us know. We will have some extra room on the boat if someone makes it down without their boat.

Jetlink
02-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Probably going to be without boat again this year, and without the rest of the family too. Will know more as the date gets closer. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

inair
02-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Thanks for keeping this active. Yesterday Ms Inair captured a camp site and we are looking at camper options. I know its a long haul from Chicago to Chattanooga but I was looking forward to seeing your boat after all the work you've done.
The days are slooowly getting longer! looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Jetlink
02-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Don't worry Ken, the Comp will make more appearances at this event in the future, but I have to have more time off to make it worth the effort for me and tie it in with another vacation/trip down there with the family.

MDVols
04-15-2016, 12:44 AM
Do the sites with water and electricity usually get booked up or do you need to make reservations?

TitanTn
04-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Do the sites with water and electricity usually get booked up or do you need to make reservations?

Almost all sites have electricity and water, but all sites now require a reservation.

http://tnstateparks.com/parks/campground/harrison-bay

gogger
04-23-2016, 09:12 PM
Growing more excited as it gets closer. Janets back is all healed up so she is ready. Just won't be riding in the bow on rough water. lol

TitanTn
04-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Growing more excited as it gets closer. Janets back is all healed up so she is ready. Just won't be riding in the bow on rough water. lol

That's great to hear - on both accounts!

DAFF
04-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Is there a region in the campground everyone is booking in?

TitanTn
04-24-2016, 10:11 PM

I haven't heard from anyone, but something in the C-loop near the water is nice because it's behind the wake zone and you can anchor your boat right off-shore. The next option would be in A loop near the water.

Mischief IV
04-27-2016, 11:04 PM

Ready for the after party?

Jetlink
05-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Ready for the after party?

In the hotel lobby?

Mischief IV
05-03-2016, 10:19 AM
In the hotel lobby?

Prior page...

Our plan is to be at the reunion the 8th, 9th, and 10th and then we plan on spending the rest of the week on another lake down that way. Probably at Daniels "little slice of heaven" at Lake Nottely. So, if anyone else wants to make a real vacation out of it. We will be heading that way, let us know. We will have some extra room on the boat if someone makes it down without their boat.

The After Party. Make sense now?

Jetlink
05-03-2016, 12:05 PM

Are you thinking of making a journey Daff?

DAFF
05-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Hoping to make it down as long as soccer doesn't interfere with scheduling. Planning on being on the road a lot over the next couple of season so I bought a new launch vehicle. Getting very excited for the new warm weather season.

TitanTn
05-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Hoping to make it down as long as soccer doesn't interfere with scheduling. Planning on being on the road a lot over the next couple of season so I bought a new launch vehicle. Getting very excited for the new warm weather season.

That's an awesome coach! I think I know where everyone will be wanting to hang out on land...

gogger
05-05-2016, 09:40 PM
That thing will tough to back down the boat ramp with the boat trailer attached.

gogger
05-05-2016, 09:44 PM
We are ready for the after party. I am sure by then I will be real tired of baling hay. Should be the end of first cutting if the weather agrees. Which it usually doesn't. I am sure the reunion will be a blast and so will lake Nottely.

gogger
05-05-2016, 10:04 PM

Getting her back together. Had to lift the engine again when I broke a bellhousing stud.

TitanTn
05-05-2016, 10:35 PM

Getting her back together. Had to lift the engine again when I broke a bellhousing stud.

I heard about that. Have you tested her on the water yet? I'm hoping to do my first on-water test run this weekend.

gogger
05-31-2016, 10:07 PM
Just over a month away! Any idea who all is going to show up?

MJHKnox
06-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Getting closer. Kate and I will be there.

TitanTn
06-09-2016, 05:40 PM
I will miss it this year. Very disappointing. If anyone is going to be in town prior to Friday - let me know.

Mischief IV
06-10-2016, 09:11 PM
The Southern Supra Reunion has dates tentatively planned for next year. The fifth annual reunion (has it really been that many already) is set for the weekend of July 8th-10th. The main day of fun and gathering is the 9th however as has been the case every year since the first year boats will start showing up Friday and leaving Sunday depending on drives. The location is the same as every year before, Harrison Bay State Park for the launch and meet up. More details will follow in a dedicated thread. Feel free to ask questions here or offer suggestions. Hopefully we can get some pictures from previous events up here for those that are not familiar with this event. It is a blast and we have people come from all over, some driving in upwards of 8-12 hours one way. We also have had people fly in and catch a ride on one of the boats. We have room and will do our best to help anyone who wants to attend.

Stay tuned for more info,

Rob, Daniel and Ben

Posted 11-18-15

I will miss it this year. Very disappointing. If anyone is going to be in town prior to Friday - let me know.

Isn't your name one of the above? Next year, we will give you 8 months advanced notice then.

TitanTn
06-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Posted 11-18-15
Isn't your name one of the above? Next year, we will give you 8 months advanced notice then.

Who are those idiots? I doubt they even really exist.

Mischief IV
06-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Who are those idiots? I doubt they even really exist.

I think idiots is an understatement. ;) I'm not even bringing a Supra. Maybe a name change for the reunion is in order.

gogger
06-11-2016, 12:10 AM
Always plenty of room on the 24ssv. I think I have most of the annual debugging gone. But I am packing a big tool box, just in case. Funny when I brought the Pirata I didn't have to work on it and didn't even worry about it. 17 year newer boat and all I do is fix it. Or so it seems.

TitanTn
06-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Always plenty of room on the 24ssv. I think I have most of the annual debugging gone. But I am packing a big tool box, just in case. Funny when I brought the Pirata I didn't have to work on it and didn't even worry about it. 17 year newer boat and all I do is fix it. Or so it seems.

I always comment that I have enough tools on board to build a boat. People laugh, but it's not really a joke.

Jetlink
06-11-2016, 10:56 PM
But I am packing a big tool box, just in case.

Place your bets now on who has the larger tool collection with them at the reunion. Gogger or Mr. Hunter.

Loadup
06-13-2016, 01:28 PM
I would put my money on if anything needs fixen the tools will be on hand.

Mischief IV
06-13-2016, 05:05 PM
I use my pink Matco Mike Hunter screwdriver daily that was gifted to me by the legend himself.

NoWake
06-14-2016, 07:11 AM
I still use my craftsman screwdriver the legend "blessed" when checking spark for me in 2013.
Great to hear 2 more boats coming!

Loadup
06-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Water temp last night was 86 and glassy. I will be doing some investigating for some running around like up to the Hiawassee river for cooler water and a sand bar and sloughs to hang out in , also the ski clubs slalom course and wakeboard rails etc.

cjtpilot
06-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Sadly I won't be making this trip, my first day in Atlanta at the new job is July 7th.

NoWake
06-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Water temp last night was 86 and glassy. I will be doing some investigating for some running around like up to the Hiawassee river for cooler water and a sand bar and sloughs to hang out in , also the ski clubs slalom course and wakeboard rails etc.
Thanks, I'd love to see you guys on the rails, as for a slalom course no worries, we mostly free ski here on Tellico

NoWake
06-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Sadly I won't be making this trip, my first day in Atlanta at the new job is July 7th.
Don't sell your boat, there is a lot of water to be had down here... Unless of course with the job you can snag one of those Barefoot Sangers. It will be hot but possibly not as humid.

cjtpilot
06-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Don't sell your boat, there is a lot of water to be had down here... Unless of course with the job you can snag one of those Barefoot Sangers. It will be hot but possibly not as humid.

Oh , selling the boat is just for buying the house faster. Then a new boat will be acquired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mischief IV
06-14-2016, 04:49 PM
I still use my craftsman screwdriver the legend "blessed" when checking spark for me in 2013.
Great to hear 2 more boats coming!

"Blessed" or "cursed"?

Loadup, as a loyal (and most local) participating member, you have now been promoted as "Chief of Ooltewah" since TitanTn dropped out. You are in charge of the weather. Don't disappoint your fan base.

Congrats on the job! Congrats on getting out of Chicago! You may decide you want to go back once you meet all of us anyways.

Southerngrounds
06-20-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm going to try to make an appearance this year. We have been working out the bugs so far this year. Unfortunately the old supra acquired some damage this past weekend.:mad:

TitanTn
06-20-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm going to try to make an appearance this year. We have been working out the bugs so far this year. Unfortunately the old supra acquired some damage this past weekend.:mad:

You definitely need to come the short drive down from Knoxville, but ouch, what did you hit?

Mischief IV
06-20-2016, 01:29 PM

That sucks. The damage part...hope you can make it.

Southerngrounds
06-20-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure what I hit. I didn't notice it until we were pulling out. Hopefully we can have it fixed by this weekend!

gogger
06-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Mr. Hunter will win the tool box contest. Really I think all I need is a flat head and a phillips screwdriver a 9/16 inch wrench a pair of wire strippers and some electrical tape. That should cover everything I will be capable of doing on the water. The rest will be in the truck. lol

I have a boat load of electrical problems. Clever huh? Hopefully Daniel will feel like helping me figure some of them out.

13 days until we head south. Janet is anxiously awaiting vacation time. And so am I. Going to be a great week.

NoWake
06-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Mr. Hunter will win the tool box contest. Really I think all I need is a flat head and a phillips screwdriver a 9/16 inch wrench a pair of wire strippers and some electrical tape. That should cover everything I will be capable of doing on the water. The rest will be in the truck. lol

I have a boat load of electrical problems. Clever huh? Hopefully Daniel will feel like helping me figure some of them out.

13 days until we head south. Janet is anxiously awaiting vacation time. And so am I. Going to be a great week.
Gogger, anxious to meet you folks, missed out on the unfortunate injury that year and had to cripple off the lake with my protec ignition. Any way you are interested in more hay bailing on your time off? Lol. Look forward to meeting you two!