PDA

View Full Version : 2008 22SSV Worlds Ed w/ 8.1 Prop replacement

Jhatton
12-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I have a 22ssv worlds with the engine upgrade, which when from the standard motor, i believe 350, to the 8.1L v-8. I am having a difficult time figuring out what kind of prop i should get to replace given the additional HP and weight of the engine. I should also note, that I ski (@36), wakeboard (20-23 and up to about 3/4 full ballast), and surf. Also, I do have a buddy that foots behind our supra @ around 40mph. Ideally, I would like to have a prop that wont have any troubles getting on plane loaded up, while also being able to ski and foot. If anything, I would be willing to give up the footing...it's not me that does it anyway :)

sailnaked6842
01-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Probably try the Acme 537 prop. Doesn't sound like power is an issue so spinning a prop slightly larger pitch than recommended to the guys with those puny 350's shouldn't be a problem. Wakemakers has a good selection of propellers and if you find one you like you can look on ebay or ski-it-again to see if they have one cheaper.

wotan2525
01-06-2016, 12:23 PM
I'd call OJ and Acme. They are the experts on this. Or Nettles props (since they sell both.)

MJHKnox
01-07-2016, 12:07 AM
I'd call OJ and Acme. They are the experts on this. Or Nettles props (since they sell both.)

^^ +1 on this.

From reading threads on Supra, Moomba, and WakeWorld, if you buy one online, check the return policy from where you buy it. I would call the place.

Once it goes on the boat it's considered used.