PDA

View Full Version : Go Surf Assist

JohnnyDL
01-27-2016, 05:43 PM
I have done a bit of research on this system and it looks pretty slick. I have also been reading through a lot of your DIY projects, and like what I see. But, I don't have the time nor the patience to tackle a project like this!

What do you think about the $4k price tag, and has anybody had this system installed on a boat similar to mine?

I have replaced the stock rear bags with 1100 lb fly high fat sacs, keep the surf side filled, and I use the original 560lb bags in the back corner of the surf side. I have the stock 1180 up front, but I keep it empty to keep the wave high. I've been playing around with putting the other original bag up in the playpen on the surfside trying to clean the wave up and get it longer while keeping the height. I'm tired of driving it listed, and would love the ability to swap between regular and goofy on the fly.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Rakkasanscout187
01-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Check out page two. I had the GSA system installed on my 2006 21v.

Swamplandkarl
01-28-2016, 02:58 PM
I had this system installed on my 20v last summer, drove to there shop in Texas and left it with them for the day and picked it up the next day, Ryan with GSA took me to a nearby lake to test and it was amazing the difference in the wave and ease of use.
I couldnt recomend it more, you will not be dissapointed.
As far as the price it isnt as much as what they are now installing OEM and I have used the swell system and it doesnt hold a candle to the GO SURF ASSIST...............

Give them a call and Ryan will be glad to answer any questions, his entire staff is awesome to work with..........

MJHKnox
01-28-2016, 11:21 PM
I have done a bit of research on this system and it looks pretty slick. I have also been reading through a lot of your DIY projects, and like what I see. But, I don't have the time nor the patience to tackle a project like this!

What do you think about the $4k price tag, and has anybody had this system installed on a boat similar to mine?

I've been also following the treads on the mods.

I thought about the Ghetto Gate project for $50-100. Appears pretty easy. Did not have time last summer.

Then started thinking about the Ronix Wakesurf Maker. $600ish. More boaters are testing these out. People are purchasing the skateboard ramps on Amazon for $30-40.

It appears the legit solutions are the tabs/plates. For the GoSurfAssist product, is that the same as the Wakemakers WaveControl System?
I see Wakemakers is not accepting orders b/c they are so popular now.

I also see the company for the Wakeland Surf Control. That company is located a few blocks by Skiers Choice. I will have to check them out. I live close to there.

All around $4K. I'm not at the point to drop that $$$. I would have to probably have to ride on a boat (before/after) to be sold.
Sounds like these other members are pointing out it's well worth it.

JohnnyDL
01-31-2016, 10:01 PM
I also see the company for the Wakeland Surf Control. That company is located a few blocks by Skiers Choice. I will have to check them out. I live close to there.

All around $4K. I'm not at the point to drop that $$$. I would have to probably have to ride on a boat (before/after) to be sold.
Sounds like these other members are pointing out it's well worth it.

I'll have to check out the wakeland surf control, and I agree with your thinking. I've seen where people have shown the before and after videos on plenty of boats, I just haven't seen one that's very similar to mine. The 2006 hull is not close enough to mine to just take someones word for it. Plus, I don't mind investing money into my boat, but I also don't want to be a fool with it. And that $4k price tag seems like a lot... but what do I know.

4alkings
01-31-2016, 11:25 PM
I have filled out the contact form on Wakeland's website with no response. If anyone has any luck communicating with them I'd like to hear about it.

MJHKnox
02-02-2016, 01:39 AM
Try the email route. Travis got back to me in 1 day:

Travis Turley
Wakeland Manufacturing
1630 Robert C. Jackson Dr.
Maryville, TN 37801
Email: [email protected]
www.wakelandmfg.com
Phone: 865-724-1625

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
02-02-2016, 12:31 PM
I had this system installed on my 20v last summer, drove to there shop in Texas and left it with them for the day and picked it up the next day, Ryan with GSA took me to a nearby lake to test and it was amazing the difference in the wave and ease of use.
I couldnt recomend it more, you will not be dissapointed.
As far as the price it isnt as much as what they are now installing OEM and I have used the swell system and it doesnt hold a candle to the GO SURF ASSIST...............

Give them a call and Ryan will be glad to answer any questions, his entire staff is awesome to work with..........

So the GSA was that much better than the Swell? Were the boats both weighted similarly?

trayson
02-02-2016, 12:32 PM

Travis Turley
Wakeland Manufacturing
Maryville, TN 37801
www.wakelandmfg.com

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, Wakeland is the manufacturer of the Moomba Flow and Moomba Autoflow systems...

4alkings
02-02-2016, 06:21 PM

Travis Turley
Wakeland Manufacturing
Maryville, TN 37801
www.wakelandmfg.com

Thanks for the contact info. Email sent today.

MJHKnox
03-10-2016, 10:02 PM
In case anyone hasn't figured it out, Wakeland is the manufacturer of the Moomba Flow and Moomba Autoflow systems...

They are located right down the street from SC. A business partner I assume.
Also close to Xtreme Tower Products (XTP).