PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass help

onebadgt
01-29-2016, 08:48 PM
I may be missing something simple here but thought I would post up and ask. I have a 2004 supra launch 22ssv with perfect pass. When I first bought the boat the perfect pass didn't turn on but I wasn't worried since at that point I wasn't surfing etc.. I had a mechanic buddy look at it recently and he noticed I just needed the wiring harness cleaned and reconnected. The perfect pass now seems to work flawlessly, I can go into all menu screens, displays speed etc but I can't get it to hold a certain speed. I will set mph to xx.x and throttle in and it just goes right past that mph and never tried to plane out at set speed. Anyone familiar with pp know what I may be missing?

Thanks guys!

leetudor
01-30-2016, 09:24 AM
When you reach the set speed do you hear a beep, if so the system is recognizing the speed and could be the servo motor is frozen. If it does not beep at the set speed it might be the paddle wheel is not working.

onebadgt
01-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Yes it does beep. After reading a little more into it I have found a few things that need to be checked such as the servo motor, throttle cable and spring for proper resistance.

leetudor
01-30-2016, 10:14 AM
The servo motor will have a black knob on it, see if you can twist the knob with the key in the off position to find out if it is frozen or not. Turn the key to the on position and the servo should remove the slack from the throttle cable.

onebadgt
01-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Thank you for the info guys. I'll try that this evening!