PDA

View Full Version : New boards for 2016 season!

onebadgt
02-10-2016, 09:46 PM
So it was an awesome shipment day at my house. I got a couple new boards and boot setups for the upcoming season. I keep hearing nothing but good reviews about these boards, have any of you tried either one. The blue board is a Hyperlite Kruz 144 with Ronix Parks bindings. The larger board is a Slingshot Nomad 155 with Slingshot RAD bindings. I'm super excited to ride each one as they will both be dramatic upgrades from last season. I wanted the Kruz for something with an aggressive pop and light spin weight for learning new tricks. I wanted the nomad for the less aggressive sessions when I want to play with surface tricks, big Rampy airs with smoother landings and a break on the knees.

ChillinOj
02-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Nice, Enjoy! I've been really wanting to get a nomad to have in the quiver for me & bigger newbies/guests. Did you demo it before you got it?

onebadgt
02-11-2016, 03:22 PM
I didn't, I just heard so many good reviews and being 6"0 220 I thought a bigger board could be beneficial.

ChillinOj
02-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Haha yeah makes sense well I can't wait till you get to take it out and can post up a review for us

onebadgt
02-11-2016, 06:33 PM
I most definitely will. Advance warning, however big I say I go and whatever distance I say I cover I'm probably exaggerating by 50% lol. I am stoked to ride both boards though!

trayson
02-12-2016, 05:14 PM
I rode a lot of slingshots at demo days last year. But I never got around to riding the nomad. I keep trying to get my buddy to but it (to replace his late 90's hyperlite) but he's broke as a joke!

I'll have to ride the nomad this year at Demo days.

onebadgt
02-12-2016, 08:55 PM
If you were nearby I would be glad to pull you around a bit but considering im in Ga. I don't think you could get any farther unless you were in Alaska lol!