PDA

View Full Version : 1986 sunsport out of cash spring touch up tips

02-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Alright so got my stringers done but they ran me dry. right now one side of my boat looks beautiful and the other has paint and repair patches all over it. im not sure yet but i might be able to get some cash together for one of the interlux paint jobs ( i have heard good things)

but my question how would one touch up the paint on a 1986 sunsport. would i be able to get the paint to match? is it gelcoat?
next unrelated question is on the small metal plate on the back of the boat. do i need it? no that my stringer are redone i dont want 20 little screw holes that could possibly leak water

02-24-2016, 04:16 PM
16858 this is the bad side needs some fiberglass work and touch up if possible or most likely all new paint

markthered
02-24-2016, 05:32 PM
This begs the question - can you post a pic of the good side? We all like pics...

Mischief IV
02-24-2016, 10:27 PM
A Sunsport with a Rider windshield.

Do not remove the wake plate! Do not remove the wake plate!
What is it with everyone wanting to remove the wake plate on this forum?

Jetlink
02-25-2016, 12:44 AM
A Sunsport with a Rider windshield.

Looks like the same windshield setup on DirtyDawgs boat. Search your pictures from two years ago and you'll see what I am talking about.

michael hunter
02-25-2016, 09:07 AM
Save your money DON'T paint it . Take it to a good gelcoat shop it you cant pay the price run it this year and save up for the proper repair next year. Leave the wake plate alone you will not be happy if you remove it.

02-25-2016, 05:43 PM
I will get a good side pic up soon i need a profile pic...... ok so i prob wont paint it but not even touch up stuff to make it look good from 10feet lol... its a sunsport but it has the front bench seat facing forward if that helps

Mischief IV
02-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Didn't say it was a Rider, just has the Rider style windshield. HIN will tell you exactly which model it is. First two digits after XKB which is the Coast Guard Manufacturing identification for the now defunct Supra Sports, Inc.