PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass and ballast issues?

LVAXIS250R
07-23-2007, 12:46 AM
well either pp or spedo are doing weird things. speed is never close to my gps readings and pp reads really slow but actual speed is way too fast. called pp and they game me the reset code but still no change. also my rear ballast bags will not empty. any help would be great. or even a place to start to troubleshoot.

indyeng24
07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Don't know much about the perfect pass issues.

Our ballast bags seem to have a mind of their own. they will start to pump out and then sometimes just quit. We can usually get them going again by turning the switches off, speeding the boat up so that the nose is in the air, and then switching them back on.

If that doesn't work I would say contact your dealer.

MovinFr8
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Which boat model?

Bags will not empty at all or just not completly?

I have an 04 GG and at the end of the day I have about 2 inches left in the bottom of the bags and I just stand them up so the water goes to the end that the pump hoses are on and pumps out most of it.

LVAXIS250R
07-24-2007, 12:09 AM
24' ssv
the bags in the rear never even try to empty at all
the supra dealer in vegas is new and not too familiar with the boat.
so i am left to fix it myself or go to so cal or az

H2Oman
07-26-2007, 09:17 PM
LVAXIS250R - Check the hoses on the sack. My boat had the inlet hoses at the bottom and the outlet hoses on the top. I flipped the sacks over, straightened the hoses and it works perfectly. Also, air in the line causes it to work poorly. If it doesn’t fill or drain right away I turn the switch off for 10 seconds or so and turn it back on and it works fine.

Regarding the PP. I set my speed according to my GPS. I always use it when determining and running a constant speed for pulls. There is a Speedo Cal menu on your PP. You access it by pressing the down key with the > highlighted on the main wakeboard screen. Use the up or down key to adjust the speed to match your GPS. Once set press Menu once to highlight the > and then press the up arrow and you are back to the main screen. On the other speedometer there is a small (usually plastic) setting screw on the back of the housing. Turn it one click to the right or left to adjust the speed to get it closer to your gps. Each click adjusts the mph readout. I run the boat at 25 or 30 mph to set the speedo.