PDA

View Full Version : Straightline Sumo Max Bags Upgrade

4alkings
03-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Just ordered a pair of 1000lb Sumo Max bags from Wakemakers to upgrade my rear ballast. Also ordered the sumo max pump. Salesperson said these can be plumbed into existing pumps and use portable pump at same time to decrease fill times. Looking forward to seeing what kind of wake we can build with this upgrade.

4alkings
03-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Tested these bags yesterday. I was able to create a rather sizable wake with this setup. Looking forward to getting in the water and trying it out.

markthered
03-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Awesome, you will love it. I upgraded to 1000 lb bags on my 2011 22v and bought a portable pump. I use the portable pump to fill up my old stock 450 lb bag and lay it over the rear seat / deck (very useful with just a few people in the boat). With just a driver, observer, and me surfing, the new 1000 lb bag and the 450 lb bag throw a huge wave, nice clean face with a strong curl. I was out surfing Saturday, and much closer to surfing wireless (I'm new to surfing, so still learning, but very close....). If you go out on occasion with just a few people, you may want to consider using your old stock bag, too.