PDA

View Full Version : A legacy in a launch skin.?..

Spidaao
03-13-2016, 11:24 PM
So the kids want to ski and wakeboard behind a real boat instead of our rink dressed up to look like a ski/wake boat.

Focused in on a launch or sunsport, came across a boat that was advertised as a 1998 1/2 launch, title says launch and decals all say launch but the boat interior and hull sure looks like a legacy to me.

So we went and looked at it, I would say fair to good shape, nothing I can't fix and got the owner down to 11g.

Am I incorrect in beliving this is not a launch but a legacy ? Not sure why it would have the title and launch decals.

I am still interested in the boat and left a deposit until I can do some more research.

Is there a good resource for older supra parts such as dash skins, seat skins, boat covers....

Thanks and hello from Ohio !

onebadgt
03-14-2016, 07:49 AM
Call supra with the boat #s and they will be able to tell you exactly which model etc...

Jetlink
03-14-2016, 11:44 AM
That looks very much like an "imposter" Launch. The freeboard is more in line with a Legacy than the Launch.

NorCalPR
03-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that's the same hull as a comp, which the legacy is an open bow comp

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spidaao
03-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Thanks, I sent the numbers to supra, waiting on a reply.
I've looked at about every pic of a launch and legacy on the net, it's a legacy impersonating a launch as far as I'm concerned, but it's growing on me.
So I may just become a legacy owner.
Thanks!

SquamInboards
03-17-2016, 01:55 PM
That's right around the time that most manufacturers were still tentative about making a "wake boat" so they just put a bunch of accessories onto a regular ski boat and called it a wake boat. This could be an example of that...

Spidaao
03-18-2016, 06:23 AM
That would make sense, I did call skiers choice and they ran the HIN, it's a legacy.
Owner is not buying it so I gave him the number and extension at skiers choice (which is about 50 miles from where he lives).
Supposed to go down and get it on the water, lol if we can find a lake in Tennessee with water in it.

Spidaao
03-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Pulled the trigger on it, launch decals removed... Wow, lot of work on a boat that people neglect, they did have the motor and tranny serviced regularly.
Being a guy that likes to tinker it's a good project for me.

I am looking for the dash insert and not having a whole lot of luck finding one, anyone have and inside track on old supra parts?

Ps sucks have a boat with the same name as a car using Google!

Jetlink
03-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Call Skier's Choice, follow the prompts for the parts line and ask there if they have the piece you need or even the mold to make it.

NorCalPR
03-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Mine is cracked too on my comp. Let me know if you find anything