PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

MikeE
03-25-2016, 03:14 PM
We pulled the trigger on a '08 Launch 22 SSV! Couldn't be more excited!
I feel like we may have gotten the deal of the century. 112 hrs at around $33k (including TT&L)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/628ea0b428b5ad26d0c20c518514fc8e.jpg
Purchase day!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/6ffc69eba0258b5a084815cf4d13f9dc.jpg
On the way home for lunch!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/4fafc3c7d5224b8bdd3198125bf653b5.jpg
After graphics done by local print shop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
03-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Looks good man! Great price to!

4alkings
03-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Congratulations. That's a good looking boat.

onebadgt
03-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Great looking boat at a wonderful price! I have an 04 and love it so I know you will love yours!

MikeE
03-27-2016, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys, we're looking forward to it! Hope to meet any of y'all that are in the DFW area out on the water.

Broke Pilot
03-27-2016, 08:46 PM
Beautiful boat and congrats... If you're up in the DFW area you should come down for the jam on Bethy creek!

Also, I've been trying to find someone to do graphics on my boat. The previous owner pulled off all the GG graphics. Could you pm me who you used? Or hell I'll even pay you to go get another set and mail them to me lol... All the shops here won't touch it since they're technically trademarked images

MikeE
03-28-2016, 09:14 AM
I used Signs of Success in Cleburne, TX... Ask for Nathan! They were great!
The Mrs. wanted more than plain vinyl so the did the graphics on high grade boat wrap material with the high and low lights to give it some definition. I'm pleased to say the least.
That print shop already has the logos from my job so I'm sure some can be used if they're what you're looking for and if not they can create them. Prices were fair too.

MikeE
03-28-2016, 09:16 AM
Here's a pic a little more up close so you can see the detail:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160328/9ddb2449256eca418d336d625dbbec53.jpg

And yes, I know the Supra wave is backwards... Ha! I liked the way it looked better that way.

Broke Pilot
03-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Excellent, thank you. I really like those letters on the back, looks very clean and custom. I only need the GG stickers though, hopefully he has/can find them.
Congrats again, hope to see you at the jam.

MikeE
03-28-2016, 07:37 PM
He did ours, we had nothing, turned out good

corizon
03-31-2016, 07:31 AM
Very Nice Boat! Congrats!!

Corizòn

cjtpilot
03-31-2016, 08:56 AM
Very nice boat! Congrats

Plum Nauti
03-31-2016, 09:05 AM
That's awesome!!! I called for two weeks straight trying to get a hold of Jessie about it. I have to say, kinda jealous. Congrats:o

MikeE
04-21-2016, 09:14 AM
Plum,

Be glad you didn't! Jesse is in jail now and our boat is dead in the water!
He decided a life of crime was best for him and did not pay the sellers from his consignment lot on the last 15-18 boat sales and now there's a huge legal mess as to who these boats belong to and that won't be decided in Civil Court until the criminal courts have been finalized for his wrong doings. So the state of TX has put a hold on all these boats from being registered and he cashed the check for our financing funds so we owe the money regardless of who the boat ends up going to. Until then we make payments and she sits. It's a HUGE mess! Even if the courts in TX decide we (as buyers) have right to title as a purchaser in good faith and since he was acting on behalf of the seller as their agent under contract there is no legal guarantee that it obligates the previous lein holder (sellers financing) to release the title to us.
If there's anyone who's been in this situation and has any advice, please feel free to share

txnight
04-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Wow, that is really bad luck. I don't have any advice but I hope it works out in your favor.

What dealer was it that sold it to you?

Edit: I figured out it was McGoy's Toys. What a redneck criminal that guy is.

http://starlocalmedia.com/lewisvilleleader/news/lewisville-detectives-request-residents-assistance/article_b62df352-fcf1-11e5-b2be-af2a531569d6.html

4alkings
04-21-2016, 07:11 PM
That's a horrible story. So sorry for you and your family.

MJHKnox
04-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Ouch. 15-18 people involved sounds like it can take time to sort out as everyone is lining up.

Did you try to search for any other similar situations? I'm assuming some other nitwit has tried that scheme in the past. Autos or boats.

Would think a attorney could research it pretty fast.

Diggs
04-29-2016, 11:47 AM
That is a beauty and loved that your brought back the sleek look of the 04 GG 22 ssv. That is one of my favorite looking boats of all time. I have had a few of your ERA SSV so if you have any questions on weighting it or anything, drop me a PM

Mischief IV
04-29-2016, 07:37 PM
I feel like we may have gotten the deal of the century.

I just read this thread for the first time. These words got my attention from the start. Then I couldn't believe page 2.

Recently, I got screwed on my boat but in a very different way. I feel your heart break and hope your blood pressure is better than mine. Best of luck. It is a very nice boat.

DAFF
04-29-2016, 10:52 PM
I think the DMV in Texas must have some legislation is protecting the buyers and sellers in situations like this. I would contact the DMV with the case file number and make a formal complaint with them to try to use their resources in coming to a settlement. What does the sales receipt say on the backside?

MikeE
04-30-2016, 11:57 AM
DAFF,

The state of TX registers and licenses boats through TX Dept of Parks & Wildlife. The lead investigator is a game warden who specializes in the boat side of things for them. He is working with the PD in the city the offense occurred. But in order to catch up with the investigation and get current he had put an Admin hold on all transactions regarding these boats (no titling or registering or selling or letting them even go back to the lien holder) until it's all done.
Supposedly some states have a fraud insurance fund for cases like this and we may be able to look into that but not until the dust settles and things are decided. Now it's sit and wait

DAFF
04-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Did Jessie own the corp or work for someone under it? I would be getting a hold of a good lawyer and putting a lien on the company involved asap to be first inline if there is a buy back or partial payout. I would also inform your bank in writing of the situation at hand and get ready to protect yourself from further bleeding. The game warden is doing his job but he isn't working just for you but all of the other owners at hand.

My gut is thinking this will end badly for you when the dust settles if you don't act fast.

MikeE
05-01-2016, 11:08 AM
DAFF,

Jesse was sole proprietor with no bond or insurance and all assets are long gone. If we take legal action because of all the possible outcomes it could cost us more than the boat is worth. Our bank has been informed.
We are acting legally as cost effective as we can.

MikeE
06-24-2016, 02:20 PM
Anybody in the DFW, TX area want some free beers of choice in exchange for some troubleshooting/expert advice one evening for an hour or so?

We are using our boat until they say we can't anymore, but have a few things I want to pick a Supra owners mind about.

Thanks,
Mike

Diggs
06-25-2016, 11:38 AM
not local, but if you want to drop me a PM or let me know what you need and see if I can help

SquamInboards
06-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Wow, so sorry to hear this. In New Hampshire, there are NO TITLES FOR BOATS. You read that correctly. There is no title system. No way to know if a boat has a lien on it aside from the lessee's (is that the right word?) honesty. Can you imagine?

I wish you the best of luck in finding an agreeable resolution.

Plum Nauti
06-27-2016, 01:38 PM
I am a new Supra owner as well, but I may be able to answer some of your questions?

michael y
07-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Great deal, I am having trouble with the bags filling and emptying. But is wish I did this a long time ago. 2006 Supra launch. Michael