PDA

View Full Version : place to redo stringers for 2000$

04-04-2016, 02:13 PM
If your looking for a good place to have your stingers redone at a fantastic price the guys at sextons marine in Bristol Tennessee is the place. mike (the owner) was a pleasure to deal with and sent me pictures the throughout the process. I looked around for months and found prices in Michigan were ridiculous. i was getting anywhere from 4-8G quotes and with 4-5 month turnaround times. after 2-3 weeks at sextons my boat (86 sunsport) had new stringers, foam, and floor, and i walked away paying 2300 (9% sales tax in TN). i haven't had it in the water yet but everything looks and feels very solid. I did remove the top cap, engine and foam before we brought it down. here are some pictures1700617007170081700917010

mbrane36
04-06-2016, 12:23 PM
If your looking for a good place to have your stingers redone at a fantastic price the guys at sextons marine in Bristol Tennessee is the place. mike (the owner) was a pleasure to deal with and sent me pictures the throughout the process. I looked around for months and found prices in Michigan were ridiculous. i was getting anywhere from 4-8G quotes and with 4-5 month turnaround times. after 2-3 weeks at sextons my boat (86 sunsport) had new stringers, foam, and floor, and i walked away paying 2300 (9% sales tax in TN). i haven't had it in the water yet but everything looks and feels very solid. I did remove the top cap, engine and foam before we brought it down. here are some pictures1700617007170081700917010

Anymore pics of the shop redoing the stringers? did they throw limber holes throughout stringers? also 2K is a steal, I've been lurching around and have been getting quotes from 4300$+ (and that was from a "Customs" shop that other people on this board have used with good results (some had customer service issues)). Located in Hampton Roads, Va area (Va. Beach) and Tennessee isn't too far from me....

Okie Boarder
04-07-2016, 11:12 AM
That's a really good price. I think I spent more than that on materials, but I sort of overdid mine and used epoxy resin, as well.

04-07-2016, 11:41 AM
I may have a couple more pic, but no i don't think they did the holes but i probably should have asked haha regardless im sure it will last 10+ years. I was excited okie boarder. every forum i read said if you do it yourself your looking around 2 gs ( however im sure you could make it a quite a bit stronger that factory but hey factory lasted 30 years )...

04-07-2016, 11:46 AM
all the reviews looked good and i read on a forum somewhere that they did good work and just were quick and had a good source for materials..... as for other prices here in Michigan it was much of the same 4-8 K after i pulled cap engine and foam, and i wouldn't get my boat till late summer fall.(the one i got for 4k was only stringers as well no foam or floor)

michael hunter
04-10-2016, 10:51 AM
I think that is a fair price for the work that was done 1/3 of the job is tear down 1/3 is stringer replacement and 1/3 is carpet , top cap and final assembly. So you are doing 2/3 of the work and saving 4k . The Michigan prices you quoted are ridiculous . Its a lot of work you should expect to pay 5k for the complete job . Pictures of the build are a must a lot of sins can be covered up with decking and carpet. Unfortunately most of the older Supras don't warrant a 5k stringer job especially if the rest of the boat needs work.