PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable/perfect pass?

Down2Race
04-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Boat will not return to idle. Idles 200rpm or so high. Is there a way to tighten the return spring on the throttle body? What is the easiest way to fix the problem? I have PP stargazer, wake edition as well. I've tried to adjust the cables and nothing seems to work. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. It accelerates smooth and captures speed, but just idles high when returns. I can touch it back to normal idle with my finger, but won't do it on its own. Once it get s to idle,it stays there. Maybe just a weak spring? It's a 2001 Supra Launch DD 21. Any help is greatly appreciated.

leetudor
04-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Have you check the cable adjustment? Might not be adjusted correct for neutral.

CJD
04-09-2016, 03:15 PM
As Leetudor mentions, I would disconnect the cable and see if the throttle returns to idle easily on its own. Then re-install the cable if it does, only ensure it has a enough tension to slightly push the throttle lever down.

If it is erratic returning to idle with the cable disconnected, many times that is a sign that the throttle shaft has worn in the throttle body, so it has some "wiggle" side to side. If that is the case, the butterfly can wedge against the bore, preventing it from fully closing.

Down2Race
04-18-2016, 07:42 AM
thanks for the advice. I hadnt adjusted the cables correctly. Got it fixed now. Just had to make sure that pressure was toward idle on the cable. All good