PDA

View Full Version : 2006 launch stalling runs rough

davidpeters
05-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Hello, looking for some help regarding my 2006 supra launch 21 v, indmar 325. Took it out on the water yesterday, engine died as soon as I cleared the trailer, it would restart but once under load the engine would sputter then die. Tied it off and raised the hatch, I had recently done a yearly service ( all fluids, plugs, cap, rotor, clean filter, etc.) thought something may have left loose. Everything checked ok, heard very loud noise from fuel pump when priming engine to start, fuel pump line off the top was very hot to the touch. Eventually it was running well enough that we cruised out of the dock, but could only achieve 2,000 rpm under load. Initial thought was bad fuel, I filled the truck and boat at the same station before hitting the water and had no issues towing. Has anyone else had this type of issue just happen out of the blue? I have ordered a fuel pump already, and have also decided to overhaul the fuel lines, and convert the fuel filter to a spin on style from sierra. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated