PDA

View Full Version : Help wiring DISASTER

surgicalt
05-04-2016, 02:59 PM
OK. My husband just had to have this 1989 supra.. The wiring is all kinds of crazy. Please help with a wiring diagram of the dash wiring as I am helping him because he is color bind. Help!!!Please and thank you

wotan2525
05-04-2016, 03:40 PM
There isn't really a wiring diagram available. The factory wiring is WAAAAY too complex for what is needed and seems like it was designed by a former NASA engineer. You just need to know that there is a common 12v wire that is running everywhere under there and a common ground wire that is doing the same thing. It makes sense logically, you just need to start in one place with your multi-meter or a test light and start tracing the electricity from there.

What are you trying to address?

Edit -- One more thing, has he tried these? They get fantastic reviews from people with certain kinds of color blindness: http://enchroma.com/

surgicalt
05-05-2016, 01:43 AM
thanks for the response. Im trying to locate the ground and 12v wire what color are they please

1989 supra pirata

gnarlydude
05-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Send me you email. I'll get you the original manual on digits.
My name is Aaron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crystal waters
05-05-2016, 03:32 PM
OK. My husband just had to have this 1989 supra.. The wiring is all kinds of crazy. Please help with a wiring diagram of the dash wiring as I am helping him because he is color bind. Help!!!Please and thank you

I have 89 conbrio.
Virtually same boat.
P M me your email and I will send you four photos of wiring diagram

chris young
05-06-2016, 11:05 AM
PM me with your email address and I can send you the generic wiring diagram that I made for my own use. It pretty much covers all the basics of the '80s Supras. It's sort of half schematic, half wiring diagram but it is much simpler to follow than the factory diagram. Also you can go here: https://www.defender.com/pdf/abyc-wire-color-chart.pdf
This is the universal colour codes for marine wiring. As far as I've found on my boat, Supra does follow this.