PDA

View Full Version : Wake plate not working

cmayes
05-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Hello, I've got a 2002 Launch. It's got the Bennett wake plate installed. The gauge doesn't work and pushing the switch up or down does nothing. I don't hear anything trying to work, so I'm thinking it's not getting power. Is there a fuse for the wake plate, in line or in another location?

Do the switches go bad? What's the best way to test? What's the best way to get to the hydraulic pump unit for a better look?

Thanks for the help!!!

roosm
05-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Hi,

Hmm, I have a 2001 Launch SSV and I have had several issues with my wakeplate.

In my case I remove the (4) screws that hold the rear panel of the starboard rear-locker. Not sure how this is performed if you have a DD though, or even where the pump is located.

There are two solenoid valves there, I have had one of these go bad, but then it should move, but only up or down, if I remember correctly.
My other issue has been with the connections and mainly the ground. I finally opted to run the ground directly from the hydraulic pump to the battery and not to the ground point under dash as that seemed to work better.

I have also had some issues with the connections at the switch itself. They can get some corrosion on them and since the pump require a lot of power and the power goes through these it can be too weak of a current to get it to operate. Though in this case I believe I still heard a struggling sound from the pump, just not as loud as when it actually works.

I have almost given up on my wake plate by now... =)
I try to set it at the correct position and just leave it.

The gauge is not working in mine either.

If you find the pump you can loosen the connection and measure resistance to ground as well as how much power you get from the leads.
There are 3 wires + ground. 1 per solenoid and one to run the pump.

Mike

sailnaked6842
05-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Mine is an 08 and every so often a fuse pops every so often and results in the gauge not working and the plate not moving. My fuse box is under the dash, not sure where yours is, but it's one of the first things you'll want to check