PDA

View Full Version : Boatmate Trailer Problems

RSD
08-04-2007, 02:57 AM
In May I purchased a 2006 Supra 21V from Surfside Boat Center here in Arizona. My boat is equipped with a dual axle Boatmate Trailer. Last Sunday (07-29-07) morning while getting the boat ready for a day
on the lake I noticed the right (vehicle passenger side) front wheel was
completely buried into the fender. I removed the wheel and saw the suspension was completely compressed. I removed the torsion arm in an attempt to free any components that might be sticking. I reindexed the torsion arm on the torsion bar and compressed the suspension and then released the jack. There was no spring back or tension on the torsion bar. I started to remove the torsion bar but was unable to free it from the inside of the axle tube. I believe that the torsion bar has either failed or has become disconnected from its fixed end inside the axle tube. I have no problem with taking the axle out or working on it but I have taken it as far as I can without breaking out the plasma cutter. The dealer where I purchased the boat is 50 miles away and I do not want to limp the trailer there with only 1 good axle on that side.

Has anybody else had or heard of a problem like this? I have sent several emails to Boatmate and my dealer has supposedly tried calling all week with no response.

Thank You,
RSD
Stuck on Land