PDA

View Full Version : Dead 2009 22ssv after replacing starter.

Graeme
05-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Hi, I am hoping someone, anyone, can help me before I take my 2009 22ssv and throw it off a cliff.

This boat has been nothing but problems since I bought it 4 years ago.

The starter started to go last season, and this season was dead. I ordered a new starter, put it in, and now I have no electrical power at all. Nothing, no dash power, no house power.

I have checked all fuses in the engine bay(found one fuse box) and checked the circuit breakers under the dash(the white center part is in as much as i can get it.

Are there any other large fuses? Thoughts?

roosm
05-25-2016, 03:31 AM
I guess you should have a main switch / breaker in the engine bay, close to where the electrical harness and ECU is.
Red button to push in to get it to reset. At least that is how mine is. Though it is a 2002.

Otherwise, dead battery or loose connections at battery, starter or ground on engine block.
Since you replaced the starter I would start at that place, see if you got some rubber from the connection-cover caught between the starter and the cable or something that is causing a bad connection there.

Mine does not have any fuses that would kill everything at once from what I know.

Good luck!

Edit*
I would take a volt-meter and check for power at battery, at the starter where the battery cable is connected, at the circuit breaker (red button) in the engine bay, at the ignition switch under dash, at output of ignition switch under dash once the ignition is on.
There is also a push-button main power breaker beside the ignition key in mine.

If this breaker is broken or the ignition module itself i broken or has a loose connection that would cause you to get your symptoms as well.