PDA

View Full Version : Watch "4 year old Jax Campbell wakeboarding" on YouTube

shnook1
05-27-2016, 12:48 PM
https://youtu.be/nbbLEazdvGE
Long time no post but wanted to share. This is a video of my then 4 y.o son wakeboarding last summer!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

gnarlydude
05-27-2016, 05:20 PM
That's badass!!!
How did you school him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shnook1
05-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Basically started off pulling him by hand on an adult sized board at our local sand bar with a surf rope. Just to get him a feel for the "push" against him from the water... wasnt long, maybe 4th or 5th pull he could get up with a hand pull. Did that for 2 consecutive weekends then graduated him to the jetski on his own board. Short rope, and I would be in the water with him. I would let him get set with his rope and in the squated position while sitting in my hands. When the pull started I would give him a slight shove up. Did that for a few weeknds until he got his balance and feel for the pull. On his own he decided it was time to move up to the boat and no longer needed the extra push to get up. Of course he took a little digger or two the first couple pulls behind the boat but he's really done quite well. This video was from last summer. First outting this year he was up and back at it like he never had a break!! Glad he loves the sport! Definitely puts a smile on your face to watch him ride.

Okie Boarder
06-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Awesome! Getting him off to an early start.

MJHKnox
06-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Good post!!

shnook1
06-21-2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys! I started him a page and posted a few of him this year on youtube. If you search Jax Campbell you can find em. Little by little trying to help him advance his riding.