PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Supra Mariah - random and sudden engine shutdown

Rasken
06-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Please help! Randomly and suddenly I lose all power and engine shuts down. I just need to turn key off and push off and on the master power button then restart. It usually only happens when I am idling like at night w/navigation lights on. It's definitely electrical as everything goes dark. Im kinda new at this so any clues would be greatly appreciated!!!!

michael hunter
06-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Are you talking about pushing the main ign breaker on the dash?

Rasken
06-06-2016, 02:16 AM
Are you talking about pushing the main ign breaker on the dash?

Yes, i have to turn key off, push main ign breaker off then push back on, then restart.

SquamInboards
06-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Those breakers on the dash don't last forever. Skidim sells them, just be sure to get the same amperage, it's printed on the breaker itself. Take a good look at the connections to that breaker, too. They could be a bit corroded and not helping the situation.

Also, are the main connections to your battery nice and tight and clean?

Rasken
06-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Those breakers on the dash don't last forever. Skidim sells them, just be sure to get the same amperage, it's printed on the breaker itself. Take a good look at the connections to that breaker, too. They could be a bit corroded and not helping the situation.

Also, are the main connections to your battery nice and tight and clean?

? Will check/replace and report back, thanks for the advice.

SquamInboards
06-06-2016, 12:50 PM
You might have another breaker in the dash that you don't use like for an accessory... if it's the same amperage you could swap it over to see if it helps. Don't swap in one of significantly higher amperage, not recommended.