PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Panel

tstruth
06-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a fuse panel for an 86 Supra comp?
I seem to be having trouble with it. Connections are rusting and breaking.

Thanks

lunaticseadoo
06-07-2016, 09:16 PM
You can go to your local fleet farm or buy a fuse block on Amazon. It all depends on how many outlets you need. Every boat I have rewired, I just ripped everyone out and started out fresh. Typically with a 14 spot fuse block and have been good. But it all depends how many spots you need... Amazon sells a marine grade 14 fuse block by Sierra Marine for $19

chris young
06-08-2016, 09:49 AM
In for a penny, in for a pound. It's not the money, it's the time. If I was going to go through the effort of replacing the whole fuse panel, I'd go with a breaker panel myself, it's not a whole lot of cash and then you're done with fuses.

SquamInboards
06-08-2016, 10:02 AM
In for a penny, in for a pound. It's not the money, it's the time. If I was going to go through the effort of replacing the whole fuse panel, I'd go with a breaker panel myself, it's not a whole lot of cash and then you're done with fuses.

I'll second that. Any chance I get, I put a breaker in place of a fuse, especially for critical things.

dbruesehoff
06-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but where is the fuse block on these things? Pains me to say this but......I can't find mine...

chris young
06-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Can't say for a Comp for sure, but on my Rider, it's beside the drivers left knee

Jetlink
06-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but where is the fuse block on these things? Pains me to say this but......I can't find mine...

The '86 comp does not have any fuses from the factory. They utilized what are known as switch breakers, basically work like a click pen. One click on, one click off. These panels are both located on either side of the steering wheel and there is one more breaker on the back of the engine. If you go looking for a fuse block and find one on your boat that is not factory.

tstruth
06-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advise. I think I will go with the 14 Gang Sierra.
Not sure how many more years I am going to get out of her. She needs some tlc. I would love to give it a make over like yours Jet.