PDA

View Full Version : Airguide Speedo Problem

skyjammer
06-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Port side speedo stopped working. Found obstructions in exterior tubing and unclogged them - thought I had it licked. Ran it last Saturday and not a thing. Didn't move at all. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks,
'88 Mariah

gnarlydude
06-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Get a new pick up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetlink
06-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Get the new style "pass through" pick ups and disconnect the lines going into the back of the speedo and gently blow in them to try and free up whatever is obstructing your lines. Do not use an air compressor for this.

NorCalPR
06-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Mine sometimes get clogged bad. I use a tiny drill bit fed backwards by hand to clear. Then blow compressed air thru it, (only the pickup, not on the tubing!)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skyjammer
06-13-2016, 08:02 PM
The tubing passes through the bow and into a cylinder that is mounted on the inside wall, then comes out the bottom of the cylinder and on to the speedo. What is the purpose of the cylinder and can I damage it by blowing through it? Thanks for the help guys.
Update: Got another one for ya. Pulling my son barefooting last Sat. running about 36. Suddenly the boat lost all power. Not a sputter or a skip. Just like I cut the switch off. Will turn over but not start. See gas in carb. Got to be fire related. Possibly a coil? Anybody got anything on this one?

chris young
06-14-2016, 08:50 AM
First place I'd go is the ignition switch, check for 12V (or less if there's a ballast resistor) at the +ve terminal on the coil with the switch in run. Points or electronic? If it's points, make sure they haven't broken.