PDA

View Full Version : need upgrade ballast for 2011 Sunsport 242

dbatech99
06-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Any suggestions? Looking for value but not cheap crap.

Thanks!

Kma4444
06-13-2016, 07:25 AM
A quick fix is a couple Enzo bags from Fly High. That will give you over 1000 pounds per side in the rear. You can get a bow filler cushion and run a bag under there like the Launch has, that will give you more options up there. I don't run my front over 1/2 full so I don't know if that is worth fooling with or not.

Here's a thread on what I did to put a big bag for goofy in ours. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?11462-Another-surf-thread-242-Launch The custom bag was expensive but it gives us plenty of weight on the right. We were surfing this weekend with a regular rider and filled the left side with bags, starting from the cooler and going back. I have previously replaced the stock rear bag with a 750 and I had one on top of it also. Ended up with a 650? bag on top of the left rear side seats and she liked the wake a lot. She's a competitive surfer who won an event this year so she's been in lots of boats.

I am planning to go with the enzo bag in the left this year. Once I see how it fits, I will see about adding something else so I can hide it.

cinmegpey
07-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Any suggestions? Looking for value but not cheap crap.

Thanks!

I run 1100lb bags in center and both rear sides and use the Ronix eight.3 shaper. The wave is incredible and the boat rides level at all times which is a plus. No filling/emptying bags on the seats and my passengers can sit where they want. When you are done surfing, simply remove the shaper and the boat is ready for wakeboarding. Its been a game changer for my boat.

dbatech99
07-05-2016, 04:00 PM
I run 1100lb bags in center and both rear sides and use the Ronix eight.3 shaper. The wave is incredible and the boat rides level at all times which is a plus. No filling/emptying bags on the seats and my passengers can sit where they want. When you are done surfing, simply remove the shaper and the boat is ready for wakeboarding. Its been a game changer for my boat.
Thanks for the answer. I ordered dual 1280lb bag rear locker kit from WakeMakers for the back and am looking at the Mission Delta system (don't know if that will jive with the hull on the 242). What are you using for front ballast upgrade? I have the sunsport not the Launch. I suppose I'd have to lay the new bag on the floor then. What would I then use to fill? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk