06-10-2016, 04:22 PM
I have the following setup for surfing
2004 Supra Launch - Direct Drive
400LB Front middle Locker
400LB Rear Ski Locker + Stock ballast under seat which is close to 400LB
750LB on either side of the engine
SuckGate
Running at 10.7 with Perfect Pass

I'm getting a great surf out of it right now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCJNzpcW6Q

My issue is that sometimes the boat has an issue holding at 10.7 and slowly starts to slow down.
I'm wondering if a new prop like the ACME would help?
I've also seen some posts that say after they upgraded the prop to an ACME the wave went to garbage!

ngavchris
06-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Nice video!!!

2500HD
06-10-2016, 09:39 PM
New prop will only make the boat better it will have 0 effect on wave. Even prop rotation has little effect on the wave. Its actually the scags under the boat that dictate which side of the,boat the wave is prone to forming on

korey
06-13-2016, 01:32 PM
with my setup (86 saltare with 454 and ~2000lbs ballast) a modern prop (Acme 209 13x12.5 4 blade) turns a few more RPM at loaded surf speeds (for me around 2400 RPM @11.2MPH) but holds speed WAY better, gets to speed easier, and respoinds to small throttle changes (made by GPS Ridesteady) more quickly than my stock prop (13x13 1986 vintage). It seems to use less fuel although it's turning a couple hundred more RPMs at the same speed. I feel like it has some affect on my wave, but maybe it's just superstition... I whacked my Acme on a log a few weeks ago, and it was out for repair over Memorial day so I was using my stock prop as a backup. I got it back for this past weekend, and I truly noticed a difference in both performance and "cleanliness" of my surf wave in back to back weekends.

devovino
06-19-2016, 01:40 PM
with my setup (86 saltare with 454 and ~2000lbs ballast) a modern prop (Acme 209 13x12.5 4 blade) turns a few more RPM at loaded surf speeds (for me around 2400 RPM @11.2MPH) but holds speed WAY better, gets to speed easier, and respoinds to small throttle changes (made by GPS Ridesteady) more quickly than my stock prop (13x13 1986 vintage). It seems to use less fuel although it's turning a couple hundred more RPMs at the same speed. I feel like it has some affect on my wave, but maybe it's just superstition... I whacked my Acme on a log a few weeks ago, and it was out for repair over Memorial day so I was using my stock prop as a backup. I got it back for this past weekend, and I truly noticed a difference in both performance and "cleanliness" of my surf wave in back to back weekends.

Yeah I have herd that a new prop will "clean up" the wake a little bit but have no first hand experience with that, yet, I do plan on putting a new prop on this year for all the same reason you list above, plus I did ding my prop end of last year and tried to DIY fix it and I get a little vibration now so a new prop will be sweet! In conjunction with the new SUCK gate everybody is using I hope it help things out a bit!