PDA

View Full Version : Best new Supra for surfing

21vRider
06-12-2016, 12:19 AM
I sold my 21v a few years ago due to having three kids. I had zero time to get out on the water.

Now the kids are a bit older, and I have some free time. So I'm looking into a new boat. I'll be buying new, so I was trying to determine which hull is best for surfing. I do not want an SC due to the previously mentioned three kids. I need more room!

So, spend my money, which new supra would you buy if your main intention was a glorious surf wave?

MJHKnox
06-12-2016, 09:40 PM
If you have the $ for a new one, that SE is 24.6, but it looks bigger when that monster is sitting on the trailer. Need good truck to pull it. It can take a ton of weight.
If you read the posts here and on the Moomba board, everyone is adding more ballast to the SE, SG, and SA to get bigger wakes.
All have the new surf systems - not sure you can go wrong.
All are a little different inside. The pickle-fork style will give you more room up front for the kids. They all like sitting up there.

Have you been on any rides? Everyone will tell you you need to drive the boats. Then you will know.

21vRider
06-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the response. The SE does seem like a beast, I just didn't know if the new SA (in particular) was a hull that was shaped from the beginning as a surf hull. Thus making a clearly superior surf boat.

I guess not, then it seems it's more about interior design and space than anything else.

The picklefork shape used to drive me crazy when the Mastercrafts originally brought them out, but the supra versions are great looking boats.

Nitrodude24
06-13-2016, 11:19 AM
I have a 2015 SG and love it my salesperson said rear of hull were same on SG and SE and from the windshield back the same only difference was the bows. Love the surf wave on the SG coming from 2015 Mojo noticable difference with less weight.

MJHKnox
06-13-2016, 02:48 PM
I have a 2015 SG and love it my salesperson said rear of hull were same on SG and SE and from the windshield back the same only difference was the bows. Love the surf wave on the SG coming from 2015 Mojo noticable difference with less weight.

How much weight do you run when surfing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonicmax
06-23-2016, 02:23 PM

We have a new '15 SG. Traded a Centurion 211 to it. The surf wave is huge but we are lacking the knowledge to get the lip of the wave right. The centurion had a lot more push off the top of the wave and we could surf further back from the boat.
If i get to daydreaming back there, i sometimes get too far back to recover. If anyone has any setup info, please share. Not too proud to ask here.

Nitrodude24
06-26-2016, 01:48 AM

we run basically full stock ballast plus 520 lbs of pop spaced around the boat.